WSI, RPG and ICON present: The SnoBall 500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What size tubing is that? I was thinking of building something similar, if I have the time.

1 1/2 inch all around. 2" for the mount point end caps.

After seeing Big Blues rack.....Picking up tubing Monday and ordered the tire mount. Figured might as well build what I need.

If you need any info, let me know. Here is a link to the tire holder. The tiregate mount comes with 1 1/2 inch bolts, but you will need to replace them with 2 1/2 bolts if you use my design. As you can see from the pics, I still have plenty of room left in the bed for bags/other stuff.

Bed Mount Series | TireGate.com

MTUH3

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am not one for the mounds. I hate that sinky butt mud out there. Rocks are mush more predictable than mud and water, but I know it is the closest thing to SE MI

I would say I am pretty excited I guess

Java

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good!

Less than 2 months to go. Who's excited?

We had about 3 inches of snow last night. I took off the traction control and wagged the back end all the way to my goose hunting spot. I am very excited. I'll have my new springs and rear icon shocks ready to go.

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just sent in my registration, looking forward to getting up north. Was supposed to be in riviera maya that weekend in an all inclusive resort, till the girlfriend bailed, thank god for trip insurance, so now ill be up to the north woods and snow, which i prefer anyways.

Banned
Reaction score
im excited for all you folks. especially the ones who havent wheeled in snow before. dont know how many of you are going, but its my favorite kind of offroading.

shooterAMG

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, commo is setup in the truck radio, and I just got done programming a hand held with the FRS and MURS frequencies.

Anyone know the local 2m repeaters up there that might be of use to us?

I did reach out to an IRLP Repeater and got a few that people are on. I plan to pick up a new repeater directory before we go too just so I have updated info.

/73 K9HNK

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nicole and I are super excited!!!! Right now we have more people coming than I have seats in the truck... who needs co-pilots?

Yukon Joe

---------- Post added at 01:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 AM ----------

I got stock tires with 20k on the by the time we get there. I have three choices.
1 let the tires ride, they don't look to bad.
2 buy new snow tires
3 put on the new stock tires I bought from Greg.

Yukon Joe