Wrap Color Recommendations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ramathorn178

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did mine in matt black, love the way it looks. Care is a problem, the one and only time I took it to a car wash they put so much crap on the tire it spotted the wrap. Now I need to replace it. I don't think I'll do matt again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

definatly good to know about the spotting. I hand wash mine and dont use any tire sparkly/ shiny stuff im probably good. What type of vinyl are you using?

39Mustang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am Wrapping mine too... a nice Green is the one they put on the Halo Raptor

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I did mine in matt black, love the way it looks. Care is a problem, the one and only time I took it to a car wash they put so much crap on the tire it spotted the wrap. Now I need to replace it. I don't think I'll do matt again.

Whoa. That's crazy. What material was yours wrapped with? 3M?

Assume you've tried various cleaning agents to get it off?

I ask because I've been planning to get mine wrapped matte black but if a little armor all is all it takes to wreck a $4-5k wrap I guess I'll pass.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Whoa. That's crazy. What material was yours wrapped with? 3M?

Assume you've tried various cleaning agents to get it off?

I ask because I've been planning to get mine wrapped matte black but if a little armor all is all it takes to wreck a $4-5k wrap I guess I'll pass.

I've heard that they have a clear matt wrap they can put on over the colored wrap to provide additional protection (UV, scratch, etc.). Do you think that this would help with the staining issues? From my understanding they don't do as complete a coverage with this clear wrap (door jambs, inside corners, etc.) so it's considerably less cost than the colored wrap.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Try rubbing alcohol in a spray bottle and a micro fiber towel. I had tire shine on mine and it took it out.

Most car washes will fade or ruin a wrap. Your installer should have informed you of hand wash only.

If you do an auto car wash you have to use the low end option without the waxes and rainex stuff.
definatly good to know about the spotting. I hand wash mine and dont use any tire sparkly/ shiny stuff im probably good. What type of vinyl are you using?
Hand wash with a ph balanced soap is the best.
I've heard that they have a clear matt wrap they can put on over the colored wrap to provide additional protection (UV, scratch, etc.). Do you think that this would help with the staining issues? From my understanding they don't do as complete a coverage with this clear wrap (door jambs, inside corners, etc.) so it's considerably less cost than the colored wrap.
It's called xpel. Cost a few grand. We had quotes all the way up to $4K for Little Red.

Yukon Joe :baby: :baby:

cbcgeneral

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm doing my 2014 in satin white with the hood, flairs and graffix on the bedsides in combat grey. I've seen a few vehicles done in both colors and really liked them so I decided to combine the two. Now I'm just trying to find a matte grey wheel that I like which seems like the hard part. I figure if I have to I'll just get a set of Method's powdercoated to match the grey.

39Mustang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe this will clear it up... unless you hear it straight from the Wrap manufacturer you cannot use anything but soap and water to wash it and not every soap can be used. 3M had some issues back in 07/08 with the LeMans stripes on the Shelby's and if you let it water spot you were screwed. Wraps are cool but you have to take care of them especially no chemicals and most tire shine will spot it if they have silicone in it so buy tire shine that is silicone free. Sprinkler water if city water is a no no too because all city water has chlorine in it. The reason for Wraps is if you muck it up its easier to fix then custom paint finish

Ramathorn178

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think i might do an oil test spot on the 3m matte silver i have before i go wrap it. I cant think of anything else that would be stainable that say rotella t6 or do you guys think some of the tire shine would be a better test solution?

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I had permanent discoloration from an engine bay cleaning agent. You have to be careful with the chemicals.

freedommotorsports.us

Phone: 260-444-7503
Email: [email protected]

FreedomLogo.jpg