Window trim rattle/vibration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kentknudsen92

Reaction score
Quick update on my end, the rattle is actually coming from the door panel/arm rest window area. I thought it was the rubber window seal but pressing against the door panel makes the noise disappear. Dealer said they will take the door panel apart.
unfortunately I have exact same thing......

Dweeezy

Reaction score
I have this as well on my new gen 3. Seems to be coming from the upper left part of the drivers window trim. When hitting about 60mph. Anyone diagnose this fully yet?

mebersole92

Reaction score
Taking my truck in on the 29th. dealer ordered new window surrounds for inside and outside for driver and passenger. I was able to take a video of the process and sent it into my dealer and he was able to forward it to the bodyshop to show the problem. i will update after its in the shop if anything is fixed

hyrepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Common problem in ALL Gen 3s. Even was this way on my Tremor. I have it n all 4 of my doors, rattles to hell and sounds like a window is cracked open.

2orque43

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Common problem in ALL Gen 3s. Even was this way on my Tremor. I have it n all 4 of my doors, rattles to hell and sounds like a window is cracked open.

I have some issues now but honestly I did not notice it until I swapped springs and tires, I had thought maybe those had something to do with it but maybe not...

WatFam

Reaction score
FWIW - I had door panel rattles that drove me nuts (driver and passenger side). If I put pressure on either door, the rattle would stop. I tried troubleshooting here and there, but wasn't successful. Ended up having a local car audio place remove the door panels and place soundskin throughout (inner door and outer door card, along with various gaps/holes/etcetera). Seems to have taken care of the rattling, and the resultant decrease in noise beyond just that is material. I consider it worth the hassle/money.

Ford really is a victim of their own success as it relates to this particular rattle. The cabin is so quiet that this small rattle is enough to really get on the nerves.

JDMCTR00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have this as well on my new gen 3. Seems to be coming from the upper left part of the drivers window trim. When hitting about 60mph. Anyone diagnose this fully yet?
I found out the rattle on my 2023 with 600 miles is the driver side rear door pillar seal. Open both your doors and check the pillar seal on the rear door. It's the one that runs vertical and has a "felt" texture. Mine is real loose and the dealer has placed an order. I hear this when the wind hits the seal on the freeway at some special angle lol. It doesn't happen all the time.
View attachment IMG_0789.mov

Last edited:

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I found out the rattle on my 2023 with 600 miles is the driver side rear door pillar seal. Open both your doors and check the pillar seal on the rear door. It's the one that runs vertical and has a "felt" texture. Mine is real loose and the dealer has placed an order. I hear this when the wind hits the seal on the freeway at some special angle lol. It doesn't happen all the time.
View attachment 422519
It looks like the piece on the other door is its mating surface which would hold it steady. The part by your pinky finger. Mine is that loose but does not rattle. Maybe just a door adjustment to fit tighter is all that’s needed.

JDMCTR00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It looks like the piece on the other door is its mating surface which would hold it steady. The part by your pinky finger. Mine is that loose but does not rattle. Maybe just a door adjustment to fit tighter is all that’s needed.
The door doesn't make too much contact with that seal. My passenger side is tight and doesn't rattle like this driver side one. It's the exact rattle I heard while driving.