GEN 2 Whipple Stage 1 Kit Feedback Thread!

Feedback on Whipple Tune

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kpg81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does that mean that the Tomahawk tuner does not retain your stock tune and you can't flash it back to stock without having to contact Whipple?

Simple, just ask Whipple to send you a stock tune along with their tune.

Save it for when you want to neuter your truck again

mad man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve got 2,000 miles on my stage 1 kit so far, and it’s working great. I’ll be putting 600 miles a week on it for the next few months. I’ll keep you posted!:driver:

0-60 freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve got 2,000 miles on my stage 1 kit so far, and it’s working great. I’ll be putting 600 miles a week on it for the next few months. I’ll keep you posted!:driver:
Install yourself?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Kamil

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Typically, a company will not launch another group buy after the first one was that successful.

All of us early adopters can verify that the Whipple Stage 1 package is 100% worth the $2k normal asking price. It changes the entire truck. Had I known it was this big of a difference, I'd have bought it even before a group buy came up.

Time is money. Spend more money to have a great time now.

That is true, I come from cars which tunes are $1500+ just for a flash alone. How can $2000 be expensive for so much more power and parts.
If there isn't a group buy before 2 of my 2018 Raptors show up I will be purchasing 2 kits myself. If that starts the group buy than mark me down for 2.

ReyLorenzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got around in installing this kit. Took me about 2.5 hours to install new gapped plugs, intercooler, and intake. Flashed the tune and went for a ride. I immediately noticed the low end torque increase. I’m very pleased with it. Now, I also ran the MPT tune for about a month and I was blown away with the performance, but I must say this tune is pretty up to par with MPT. I only wish that Whipple would automatically send you the stock tune as well with their tune just in case you ever have to take into the dealership and reset it back to stock.

0-60 freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am purchasing this Whipple stage 1 kit for my 2018, I will remove the chipwerks my question is can I leave my pedal Commander?

---------- Post added at 03:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:18 AM ----------

Finally got around in installing this kit. Took me about 2.5 hours to install new gapped plugs, intercooler, and intake. Flashed the tune and went for a ride. I immediately noticed the low end torque increase. I’m very pleased with it. Now, I also ran the MPT tune for about a month and I was blown away with the performance, but I must say this tune is pretty up to par with MPT. I only wish that Whipple would automatically send you the stock tune as well with their tune just in case you ever have to take into the dealership and reset it back to stock.
How does it sound? Can you hear the turbos and air intake system a lot more?

---------- Post added at 03:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:18 AM ----------

How does it sound? Are the turbos a lot more prominent?

OP
OP
Toadster

Toadster

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am purchasing this Whipple stage 1 kit for my 2018, I will remove the chipwerks my question is can I leave my pedal Commander?

---------- Post added at 03:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:18 AM ----------

How does it sound? Can you hear the turbos and air intake system a lot more?

---------- Post added at 03:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:18 AM ----------

How does it sound? Are the turbos a lot more prominent?

I left my PC on for a bit but then the ECU learned after a few hundred miles - it was too twitchy so I have it turned off right now... I may end up selling my PC

I can hear the turbos more, plus I did the BOV bypass so it's a great PSSSH when you let off the gas [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 07:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 PM ----------

Oh btw just noticed...

2f1700888327da24ef6d61dd7e15547d.jpg