Whip Flag Mounting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Woolaroc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wanting to go to Little Sahara (OK) in a couple weeks and they require a 6"x12" flag on a pole 10' above ground level. I have a tonneau cover I'd like to leave on. Is there any way to mount one of these? Possibly a hitch mount solution? Any recommendations on manufacturer? Amazon doesn't seem to have much in this regard.

OP
OP
Woolaroc

Woolaroc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got a tow hook mount from Swarfworks. I haven't mounted it yet so can't give a review, but it appears to be good quality.
Wonder if it would scratch up the tow hook. I still want to look good in the starbucks drive through. ;)

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The only problem with flag mounts on the outside of the box, is that the pole whips against the tailgate edge at the top, make sure you wrap a bit of foam tape on the pole where it would hit the back of your truck.

dilmorecg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I made my own out of a shackle hitch with the shackle removed and hitch on its side. Got a longer bolt to the end of the flag pole and bolted it through. Worked great and easily removable. Just remember to also get some pipe insulation or a noodle to wrap around the pole so it doesnt scratch your paint. Here is the best pic I have.

BZqL0w3.jpg

bignatelvhc

Reaction score
oooo a fellow Okie here, ive been wanting to hit up little Sahara also and have a bed cover. i might try that noodle idea. or just say screw it and take the cover off for the weekend.

baja619

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My buddy makes a flag pole / umbrella mounting kit. The whole deal is super solid and made for serious go fast off road hauling (flags up / umbrellas stowed).

This config does not allow for the bed cover to be fully closed when using umbrella or flag.

https://dirtdynamix.com/

Also I cannot say enough good things about https://www.buggywhip.com/

jondle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would go without the cover and mount the whip to your spare tire. If you have a rack, a tubing mount is easy to find. If you just ratchet strap, it should be easy to mount something to the wheel that could easily be removed if you needed the spare.

Magnetic is another really easy option. I ran a magnetic antenna whip and very rarely had issues with it coming off. Only issues were when I hit a branch.