Which Radar detector for '18 Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptorx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just ordered the 360c and ordered a blendmount and mirror tap. Anyone have suggestions or advise on installing the mirror tap? I do not have a volt meter. Can anyone post a pic that shows where to connect mirror tap?

Thanks in advance.

Raptorx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I found what I was looking for using the search and reading through some post. Thanks to Whatexit?. and MrMaGnEtIc. They posted some pics and instructions.

dude1782

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just ordered the 360c and ordered a blendmount and mirror tap. Anyone have suggestions or advise on installing the mirror tap? I do not have a volt meter. Can anyone post a pic that shows where to connect mirror tap?

Thanks in advance.

There’s a thread for that too

Sent from my 2017 Raptor using Tapatalk

NDO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems like a choice between the Uniden R3 and the ****** 360c. Any comparisons between the two would be welcome.

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the ALP (Advanced Laser Protection) setup with 2 Laser Jammers in the front and 1 radar head in the front grill. It's the only setup that can jam the new Dragon Eye guns.

I thought about doing something similar, but it seems like the technology on Jammers needs to constantly change in order to be effective. I am having a hard time pulling the plug on something that is over $600 and could potentially be obsolete in a year or less. I understand that tickets are also expensive and insurance rates could also go up with a ticket, but I just can't get myself to drop that kind of money given the potential short time frame I would be fully protected.

maximus5403

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought about doing something similar, but it seems like the technology on Jammers needs to constantly change in order to be effective. I am having a hard time pulling the plug on something that is over $600 and could potentially be obsolete in a year or less. I understand that tickets are also expensive and insurance rates could also go up with a ticket, but I just can't get myself to drop that kind of money given the potential short time frame I would be fully protected.

That’s the benefit of the ALP. They issue firmware updates all the time to update for the latest guns. After 2 tickets in my GTR with a passport I installed the ALP and it kept me safe.