wheels and tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KCHawkeye02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do you plan on using your Raptor? Will it be a Mall crawler/daily driver or do you plan on using it off-road? Those are the real questions you need to ask yourself. I've had 20's, and went back to 17's last year. I use my truck off-road, did a couple Moab trips, and hunt quite a bit, so after a while with the Venomrex 601's(20"), I got tired of constantly worrying about my wheels getting scraped or nicked. That's when I went to the 17" Black Rhino Abrams with Yokohama MT3's........no regrets at all.

I liked the look of 20's on the truck, and for DD & in-town, their great. Much lighter and handled turns great with 35" Nitto Ridge Grapplers; but overall, I'm much happier with the 17" Abrams wheels. I get complements on them all the time, and don't worry much about scratching them off-road.
Those Abrams wheels are in my top 3. Very solid. Do you have any more pics?

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the look of 20's. like others said all subjective. and should be dictated by what your'e doing with it. If you like the 20's and have the room to store the stock setup get what you want and still have the 17's for off-roading. That was my decision, I use the stock setup for winter and the couple trips a year I can squeeze away from work and have a little fun. The 20's and ridge grapplers go on in the summer. Everyone has their idea which is right but only you can decide which is best for you.