Wheels and Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

muddin46

Reaction score
Getting the 20 inch fuel couplers with a negative 12.5 offset installed with the togo Mts. If anyone has had the Toyo mts can u let me know how they are heard they aren't loud but wear quick

Raptor Embroidery

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>Raptor_Al_41</font
Reaction score
I wouldn't recommend 20's on a truck like this. Max you should go is 18's. Also, I have the toyo mt's. I don't go mudding but they are a super tough tire in the gravel and dirt where I stay. Outstanding performance at TRR 2014...

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Chayse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With negative 12.5 offset, you are very likely to hit. A lot. Especially with the Toyo MT, since they seem to be wider than some other tires.

Bad_Rooster

Reaction score
With negative 12.5 offset, you are very likely to hit. A lot. Especially with the Toyo MT, since they seem to be wider than some other tires.
Toyo Mt is a great tire here in Nevada ( lots of shale & larger rocks ) They get loud below 40% tread especially if they are cupping due to lack of rotation or alignment.

The tire wear / longevity sucks ass, as I have had two different sizes on 2 different trucks and never got 35,000 MILES BEFORE THEIR DONE!

Hankook RT0-3's last about 65,000 and aren't too noisy till about 35%, my last set on my 01 F-150 I stretched them to 82,000 but they were way done and noisy as hell that thin on contact patch lol.

Mad Max

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't recommend 20's on a truck like this. Max you should go is 18's. Also, I have the toyo mt's. I don't go mudding but they are a super tough tire in the gravel and dirt where I stay. Outstanding performance at TRR 2014...

Like he said, don't go with 20's on a Raptor... 20's are for an FX4.
Raptor20inchrims1_zps9d9daf46.jpg

squeak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I normally keep my mouth shut but it's your truck, put 20's on it if you want. Put 22's on it if you want. your truck. Your money. Your style. I've yet to see anyone say they've cracked a rim because they took their 20" wheels with 35" tires offroad.

VADER332

Reaction score

HI. I am new to the forums. Why go with the 18"s instead of the 20"s?

D

Deleted member 12951

HI. I am new to the forums. Why go with the 18"s instead of the 20"s?

You want as much rubber between the wheel and ground plus if you air down, you want that much more sidewall. Bear in mind this is because we off-road our Raptors. If yours will never touch dirt then by all means do whatever you want, just if you post pictures online be prepared for a lot of criticism. It ruins what the Raptor was meant to do.

boarder1995

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got 20" on my SD F250 and it looks good, but made the ride rougher certainly. On the raptor I'd stick with 17" to give more room to compress the tire, even fully aired up. This can happen on many roadway items too... Curbs, potholes, timber from flatbeds, alternator (I've hit one), etc. Just more food for thought.

VADER332

Reaction score
You want as much rubber between the wheel and ground plus if you air down, you want that much more sidewall. Bear in mind this is because we off-road our Raptors. If yours will never touch dirt then by all means do whatever you want, just if you post pictures online be prepared for a lot of criticism. It ruins what the Raptor was meant to do.
Got it. Thanks for the great explanation.