Wheel Bearing, Need Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Any further news about your truck, TheJoker? What's your model year and mileage? I'll hang around this thread in case you need my help.

Crystal

Thank you Crystal, I have faith in my service guy, but I know where to find you if something goes wrong. lol!

It's going in on Friday, I'll update this thread then.

whoisbigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i took my raptor to the dealership around 6 months ago. they told me the sound was tires noise and the more i drive my truck(wear the tires off )the sound will go away...

---------- Post added at 03:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:35 PM ----------

lexus and infiniti do the same thing. where they make you buy the whole assembly. but if you are savvy enough you can replace the actual bearing. i did it on a lexus with a friend of mine once.. it took a lot of figuring things out but we got it done. Also if is under warranty just let them change it.

Off-road tires tend to get louder with wear.

I had several superdutys in the past with sealed bearings... we were unable to find a way to rebuild and there were a lot of people trying.

---------- Post added at 08:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:46 PM ----------

I am looking for some help. My driver side front wheel bearing is going out on my 2012 Raptor. I had it to the dealer for repair and they told me that the wheel bearing was on back order until the end of Dec. and told me to drive it like this until then. I really don't want to wait that long and would like to know if anyone would have any ideas how to get the part. Thanks.

They told you to drive it like that until then??? A bad bearing can take out shafts and if it gets bad enough, can seize or cause all kinds of highway speed catastrophic damage. Be careful, and I hope it's under warranty if it causes more stuff to break.

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thank you Crystal, I have faith in my service guy, but I know where to find you if something goes wrong. lol!

It's going in on Friday, I'll update this thread then.

Sounds good, TheJoker. I'll be in "stand-by" mode until I hear from you. :)

Crystal

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sounds good, TheJoker. I'll be in "stand-by" mode until I hear from you. :)

Crystal

My service writer replaced both tie rods and both UCA's. Obviously, it made a huge difference. But, while inspecting the work, I noticed another issue with work that they had previously completed.

When I told him about it, he asked when I could bring it in so he could fix the problem. I understand problems happen, and I am convinced that he will make it right. As it stands right now, I'm very happy with the work that they have done on my Raptor and will continue to bring my vehicles to them for service.

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
... As it stands right now, I'm very happy with the work that they have done on my Raptor and will continue to bring my vehicles to them for service.

That's what I like to hear, TheJoker! Keep in mind that I can document feedback about any dealership experience you've had. Just send me a PM with your full name, best daytime phone number, dealership info, and any details you'd like me to include; I'll get it entered for the appropriate parties to see.

Crystal

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My service writer replaced both tie rods and both UCA's. Obviously, it made a huge difference. But, while inspecting the work, I noticed another issue with work that they had previously completed.

When I told him about it, he asked when I could bring it in so he could fix the problem. I understand problems happen, and I am convinced that he will make it right. As it stands right now, I'm very happy with the work that they have done on my Raptor and will continue to bring my vehicles to them for service.
Good deal.
You should add your dealer to the dealer service thread that The Macf started.

Win $500 Freedom Motorsports shopping spree when you buy a raffle ticket for Avery:
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f195/november-pay-forward-event-38746/#post780993

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Truck is done, Bad Wheel bearing/Hub.

Thanks for checking in.

How did you know it was a wheel bearing, was it how it felt or a noise? Mine ended up being a wheel/tire balance issue? I had them road force balanced and it's like night and day. I'm still concerned that the wheel bearings may need to be replaced soon. That's why I'm asking.