What's the most weight you've guys towed with

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2fastsvts

Reaction score
Got a 6.2L installed the SDHQ air bag system for the rear. What is the most you e guys towed? I have a 3200 enclosed trailer with about a total weight of 8-10k. Truck is a supercab. I know the max rating is 6k but I already did that on the stock suspension before the airbags.

Raptorguy89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've towed 12,000. I have a Kabota tractor and bush hog that I have to move. It is balanced really well on the trailer so there is only 800lbs of tung weight. The truck moves all that with no problem!

Off Road WannaBe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm curious about this too if you guys can add how far you towed the weight too that would be cool. Wife wants a 9-10k pound camper so OV been looking into ways to beef up the rear.

I read the thread he posted about his frame bending from what he said it seems like it was fine pulling and going places the damage happened when he Parked for the night with the weight straining the frame. Either way a some sorta frame support/bump stop kit probably isn't a bad idea

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Dv8tor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Meh About 140,000lbs. Oh you mean the Raptor, haha, well I did recover my dads 38,000lbs wrecker out of some mud.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 47

SVT_4X4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The most I have towed would be around 10,000 pounds with my Excursion on my heavy duty flatbed trailer. But this was only a short distance.
wXrjIEroSrnrUlCwS2UkBIjJHQheW1rqT10=w304-h228-p-no.jpg

I have hauled my 35 foot camper trailer longer distance with the weight distributing bars which was just over 7500 pounds and both really pulled great.
Rapt+tow+Trail.jpg

---------- Post added at 10:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 PM ----------

I should have mentioned I have RPG Stage 3 rear suspension.

OP
OP

2fastsvts

Reaction score
So would you say with that sdhq long travel air bag system that I should be alright up to 10k. I would be towing around for the NMRA racing circuit.