What would you ask SVT Engineering?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Lots of great info, if this isn't stickied yet it should be!

Side bar on that Focus RS, is that just a concept, or did they have actual plans for one? I love the styling/handling of the Focus ST, but the power is just "eh" as previously noted lol.

GTC-NOVA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's a serious question and not a "gripe" - I've been waiting over a year to buy a raptor and quite literally the only thing stopping me is the fact that I refuse to pay Ford Canada an extra $12k when I could buy the same truck for that much less 25 miles south of my house - I'd really like that question to be asked... I am positive I'm not the only buyer sitting on the fence waiting here in Canada. Like I posted in another topic, my local dealers have two model years of unsold Raptors sitting on their lots and theyve had the exact same stock gathering dust since I've been shopping. People arent buying because of this. It has to be taken as a real and serious concern. Your engineering team develops an amazing product that people want to buy, and your sales dept screws it up for you so people are so cheesed they won't buy it.

Since I only just joined the forum I'm not sure the history of my question, but again, I am serious about both buying one, and having that question answered.

Thx

Brookside,

Why not just cross the damn border into the Good Ole US of A and buy the RAPTOR here and then take it back in the Canada...??? What stops you?

RaptorWifey

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
FRF Lady
Reaction score
I think his concern was warranty issues being covered.

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like it was a fun Q&A session with the SVT guys.

The 777 is under rated... By a few hundred hp

The thicker axle housings were borrowed from the Mexico sold F150s

You cant control or sensor people to that degree, not sure why your so bent on trying. This is a hypothetical question, what would you ask SVT? People are just having fun with it, Relax.

---------- Post added at 07:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:30 PM ----------

:rolleyes:

someone had to bring this up why is the 6.2 f250 flex fuel and not the 6.2 raptor?

Wasn't practical. Pretty sure it was asked in the first Q&A from awhile back. The only raptor available at the time was the scab and it already has a limited fuel range. Now add even less range from flex fuel and the fact it was only projected that 6000 raptors would sell, it didn't make sense to add flex fuel. The 5.4 raptor had flex fuel because it was the exact same engine setup being carried over from the regular f150.

Last edited:

spirit1

Reaction score
Why can't they properly seal the doors to prevent dirt and dust from gathering (heavily) in the door jambs and columns.

Vash

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wish I found this thread before the meeting with SVT happened. Some good info. I've always wondered why our TPMS still resorts to an idiot light when we have our fancy productivity screens. Other manufacturers have been showing the actual PSI in each tire since 2007 or maybe even earlier. All we get is a single "tire low" warning light.

I think the threshold for low tire warning should also be user configurable. Two settings. One for offroad and one for normal. This is sort of how Ram 2500's etc. have the button that tells the truck whether you're inflated for a heavy load or normal driving. IMO the default threshold is too low for my preference on road and too high for various offroad situations. They can quote gov't regs, but honestly what stops guys from driving with the TPMS warning on and/or disabling TPMS all together? Pressurized PVC tube anyone? Plus, if the actual PSI was displayed for all tires including the spare then I think it would make people be more proactive in managing air pressure.