What would you ask SVT Engineering?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kawie95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow guys, Great work getting that info! Wish I could attend something like this! You guys are makin Raptor history with the SVT team for Q/A from first hand owners. I am amazed that the SVT team met with you guys too. Pretty cool of Ford and SVT, I am very impressed.

My goal is to make my raptor a TT someday :) slowly over the next 10 years or so. Gotta keep it somewhat street legal though for smog.

---------- Post added at 11:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 AM ----------

Ooh, Whats all this about TPMS failure and traction control being on?

I didnt put the TPMS in my new tires, does that mean I cant disable traction control? Because I ORM I can, and I think I can on the street too. I still get a bit of axle hop sometimes with the Deavers, but its a lot less.

kawie95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm curious on this..I'd love to see a 7.0L N/A monster.

Yea, all I can find is the 6.6L Livernois.

Did see this on Wikipedia for the Mustang: (the 6.2L part of the article talked about the Raptor)
Ford Boss engine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Roush Racing field tested an experimental, larger displacement version of the Boss engine code named "777" (7.0 L, 700 hp @ 7,000 rpm) at National Mustang Racers Association (NMRA) events around the United States. The 777 Boss is naturally aspirated and produced up to 800 hp on e85 biofuel.[2]

Video: PowerTV Online : PowerTV Interviews Jack Roush and Don Bowles
(dead link)

---------- Post added at 11:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 AM ----------

Whats with all this E85? I always think hippies with old brown 1980's Mecedes running on old deep frying oil from McDonalds when I hear Biofuel. Can someone bring me into the 21st century on this?

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wow guys, Great work getting that info! Wish I could attend something like this! You guys are makin Raptor history with the SVT team for Q/A from first hand owners. I am amazed that the SVT team met with you guys too. Pretty cool of Ford and SVT, I am very impressed.

My goal is to make my raptor a TT someday :) slowly over the next 10 years or so. Gotta keep it somewhat street legal though for smog.

---------- Post added at 11:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 AM ----------

Ooh, Whats all this about TPMS failure and traction control being on?

I didnt put the TPMS in my new tires, does that mean I cant disable traction control? Because I ORM I can, and I think I can on the street too. I still get a bit of axle hop sometimes with the Deavers, but its a lot less.

Tpms values are set at specific amount, the question was asked if they could lower the activation threshold while in off road mode. They said that do to federal regulations they could not do that because there would be no way from stopping you from driving on the street with off road mode on. You can get passed warning message by pressing ok button (Raptors with productivity screens) or trip reset (on raptors without productivity screen, I believe)

I'm curious on this..I'd love to see a 7.0L N/A monster.

Yes, roush has build 7.0 engine the produced 700 horsepower at 7000 rpms.. Roush 777 motor is based off a production 6.2 block (this is directly from Jamal)...

-Greg (aka squatting dog)

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
^ethanol rocks plan and simply. Your lucky I wasn't there I would have asked why the 6.2 f250 is ffv but the 6.2 raptor is not. also what makes it not.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
View attachment 15760

Here is the Boss 777 which was running e85 and put out amazing 800hp.. Using a production 6.2 boss block, but heavily modified to reach these numbers. It can be done, all it takes is money (lots)...

Last edited:

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
[/COLOR]Whats with all this E85? I always think hippies with old brown 1980's Mecedes running on old deep frying oil from McDonalds when I hear Biofuel. Can someone bring me into the 21st century on this?
E85 is a blend of gasoline that runs more ethonal (up to 85%) than typical gasoline.

E85 is difficult to find in CA. There is one station that sells E85 in Brentwood on San Vicente. Other than that you have to go down to San Diego.

You get a little bump in HP but you fuel economy goes down. It is less expensive than regular unleaded. In CA with the transport costs your overall price ends up the same.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
E85 is a blend of gasoline that runs more ethonal (up to 85%) than typical gasoline.

E85 is difficult to find in CA. There is one station that sells E85 in Brentwood on San Vicente. Other than that you have to go down to San Diego.

You get a little bump in HP but you fuel economy goes down. It is less expensive than regular unleaded. In CA with the transport costs your overall price ends up the same.

I would start begging for blender pumps at every station.

keatonskidmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score
View attachment 15760

Here is the Boss 777 which was running e85 and put out amazing 800hp.. Using a production 6.2 boss block, but heavily modified to reach these numbers. It can be done, all it takes is money (lots)...

Damn thats sexy. I wish livernois would build a N/A 6.6 with their cams, headers, exhaust, and intake. I'd love to see those numbers.