What rear axles? 34 or 35 spline?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jetjock15

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone know from pulling and doing seals or replacing an axle? Of all the things you can find on the net this one is confusing. Seems Gen 1s came with 35 splines but from what I can tell on searching the net and trying to compare OEM diagrams, that the Gen 2-3 went back to using 34 splines. Anyone know for sure, thanks for any help.

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Anyone know from pulling and doing seals or replacing an axle? Of all the things you can find on the net this one is confusing. Seems Gen 1s came with 35 splines but from what I can tell on searching the net and trying to compare OEM diagrams, that the Gen 2-3 went back to using 34 splines. Anyone know for sure, thanks for any help.
I could be wrong but I swear even the 35 spline was only used for 1 year. 2010. I swear someone posted about a year ago looking for an axle an it was obsolete, poster ended up finding a place to make him a custom one.
I will research more and report back, unless someone else has any more info.

OP
OP
Jetjock15

Jetjock15

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They are 35s. 34 spline f150 Detroit not work. I’ll call Eaton and see if they even make one.

OP
OP
Jetjock15

Jetjock15

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don’t think anybody makes one. Crazy. Guess I’ll go with the override but straight locked isn’t as great. Really like the Detroit.

For anyone that finds this via a search. I pulled the Axles. 2019 raptor. 35 spline. Had the 9.75” 34 spline Eaton on the bench. Part number 225C194A. Not work. Ill
Probably try a direct wire to the ELD next

OP
OP
Jetjock15

Jetjock15

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Called Eaton. They do not make a Detroit for 35 spline axles. Swarfworks had some modules in stock so ill
Go that route.