What gives street queens?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is the craziest thread I have ever read!! I have been or am a member of who knows how many forums for varying toys or hobbies. Nothing comes close.

But for the original thought of this thread, my truck spends half of the year dirty and off road and the other half clean and on road. I spend a great deal of time hunting in the fall and winter and when September 1 rolls around, clean takes a back seat. But when the weather gets nice and it is just transportation, I like to keep it clean. In fact I enjoy the work. As long as I can find shade, I am good to go. Those that choose to off road on a constant basis and are proud of their dirt - good for you. And those that prefer a clean street driven vehicle - good for you too. Just be a proud Raptor owner!

You should read the cat thread.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
I know Johnny's truck isn't a street queen...at least it wasn't after Raptor Addict got behind the wheel!!! Kirk was gettin after it in Barsteeew! That rear end setup was working really nice!!

13_Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Used to do a lot of off roading when I lived in So Ca. Mostly Azusa Canyon before the put curfew laws on and would not allow you to take beer or stay the night. Some crazy times. I was a mechanic back then and used to lift and mod all of my trucks. I still do most of my own work.

I have a small farm and they do not plow our streets when it snows but I don't do much off roading anymore but loved the looks and technology of the Raptor. Plus it is about the same price as a Platinum or an fully equipped F-250 which does not look nearly as good.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just don't understand the point in buying a purpose built vehicle and then not using it for what it was designed to do.

Well, for starters, isn't what is was designed to do open to interpretation? It seems like a lot of yahoos out there think it was designed to do jumps. It wasn't. In my opinion, it is primarily a passenger vehicle, just like pretty much everything else Ford sells. It does have a suspension system that is uniquely suited to driving at high speeds over uneven surfaces, though, so is that what it was designed to do more than to carry passengers and cargo? Again, I don't think that is the case. And, here in NYC, that suspension travel gets put to good use on a daily basis for other reasons. We have potholes here that can swallow mini coopers whole and pavement joints that will make short work of any low profile wheel/tire combos.

Even though I live in NYC, my truck's tires will occasionally leave the pavement. I will take it fishing on the beaches out East and camping/hunting in the mountains up North. Realistically, I will probably never need its full capabilities and most guys in my situation would have a German made SUV instead. But that's not what I wanted. Even if my truck's tires never left the pavement, it is still what I would have wanted to drive, for lots of different reasons.

For starters, I find your typical X5 or ML to be less luxurious than my Raptor because, for me, having room to stretch out inside is important. Additionally, I am the type of guy that doesn't like to be limited in what he can do by external factors. We get occasional light flooding in the low lying areas both where I live in the city and also where my friends/family live on Long Island. I am not at all interested in being stuck at home when that is the case. Similarly, we get some pretty serious snow storms up here. Anyone think I am going to have a hard time getting home for Christmas dinner in my Raptor even when there is a lot of snow on the ground? On the contrary, I think it sounds like the trip will be even more fun than usual.

We do have a lot of traffic up here, too. Sitting up high where I can see what is going on down the road helps keep me calm. I also think bigger vehicles are generally safer and who doesn't love the sound of an American V8?

I could list many more reasons but I think I've made my point. Bottom line is you don't have to live in the desert for it to make sense to drive a Raptor.

My last truck was a supercharged 6.0L Avalanche with a 4L80, by the way. I didn't need that, either. But it sure was a hell of a lot of fun. Back in the day (I built it in 2003), people's mouths used to drop open when I would lay the hammer down. It was probably one of the fastest Avy's in the country at one point.

Life is short, fellas. Enjoy the ride.

ESRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well, for starters, isn't what is was designed to do open to interpretation? It seems like a lot of yahoos out there think it was designed to do jumps. It wasn't. In my opinion, it is primarily a passenger vehicle, just like pretty much everything else Ford sells. It does have a suspension system that is uniquely suited to driving at high speeds over uneven surfaces, though, so is that what it was designed to do more than to carry passengers and cargo? Again, I don't think that is the case. And, here in NYC, that suspension travel gets put to good use on a daily basis for other reasons. We have potholes here that can swallow mini coopers whole and pavement joints that will make short work of any low profile wheel/tire combos.

Even though I live in NYC, my truck's tires will occasionally leave the pavement. I will take it fishing on the beaches out East and camping/hunting in the mountains up North. Realistically, I will probably never need its full capabilities and most guys in my situation would have a German made SUV instead. But that's not what I wanted. Even if my truck's tires never left the pavement, it is still what I would have wanted to drive, for lots of different reasons.

For starters, I find your typical X5 or ML to be less luxurious than my Raptor because, for me, having room to stretch out inside is important. Additionally, I am the type of guy that doesn't like to be limited in what he can do by external factors. We get occasional light flooding in the low lying areas both where I live in the city and also where my friends/family live on Long Island. I am not at all interested in being stuck at home when that is the case. Similarly, we get some pretty serious snow storms up here. Anyone think I am going to have a hard time getting home for Christmas dinner in my Raptor even when there is a lot of snow on the ground? On the contrary, I think it sounds like the trip will be even more fun than usual.

We do have a lot of traffic up here, too. Sitting up high where I can see what is going on down the road helps keep me calm. I also think bigger vehicles are generally safer and who doesn't love the sound of an American V8?

I could list many more reasons but I think I've made my point. Bottom line is you don't have to live in the desert for it to make sense to drive a Raptor.

My last truck was a supercharged 6.0L Avalanche with a 4L80, by the way. I didn't need that, either. But it sure was a hell of a lot of fun. Back in the day (I built it in 2003), people's mouths used to drop open when I would lay the hammer down. It was probably one of the fastest Avy's in the country at one point.

Life is short, fellas. Enjoy the ride.

Well put, thanks!

oxfordraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
***** weak....

Btw, the sign says no left turns, and you're clearly just flipping a bitch , because you nearly missed a great sale at the mall....

I LOL'd haha. We all know Johnny's raptor is just a grocery getter and the only off road it sees is his driveway :favorites13:

:specialed: