What are these trucks actually getting for mpg?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You need to reset the mpg meter at each fill up. That will give you the mpg for the tank you ran. My 12 Raptor gets 15-16 mpg consistently in around town driving. Hand calculations back it up. My tank gets anywhere from 540 miles to 570 miles.

you must be using e-30 that is what mine get's :win:

Bombsquad68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another update, the truck got 15.2 mpg hand calculated on the last tank, overhead says 15.4 mpg. Also this was my first tank running 87 octane (it's 20-25% cheaper than premium in Alberta) and put on just about 600 miles.

This was a mix of highway, about 50 miles of bush roads, and 100 miles in town. The weather was around 32 F all week.

Not sure how guys are saying the MPG benefits aren't there. When you're driving normally it gets 20% better mileage than a G1, and let's be real, most guys here are driving normally the vast majority of the time. If you're mobbing at WOT, it gets worse mileage because it makes more power and carries more speed.

OP
OP
TRIMMELL

TRIMMELL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another update, the truck got 15.2 mpg hand calculated on the last tank, overhead says 15.4 mpg. Also this was my first tank running 87 octane (it's 20-25% cheaper than premium in Alberta) and put on just about 600 miles.

This was a mix of highway, about 50 miles of bush roads, and 100 miles in town. The weather was around 32 F all week.

Not sure how guys are saying the MPG benefits aren't there. When you're driving normally it gets 20% better mileage than a G1, and let's be real, most guys here are driving normally the vast majority of the time. If you're mobbing at WOT, it gets worse mileage because it makes more power and carries more speed.

That engine is almost half the size...... It BETTER get better MPG.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
if I drive right I can get 20's but that's not possible maybe I could in a v6 that you can't hear. my normal is in that 12-16 e-30 rocks

WarSurfer

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My gen 1 gets a combined 14+ on 37s with 4.88s. My avg stock was high 15s and I got just under 18 on the highway.