What are these trucks actually getting for mpg?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wweaver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ran mine to almost empty and tried something different. I drove home sanely in light traffic. I went the 100% gas spot and got 93 octane. At .70 cents more than 87 with ethanol it's not cheap but I kept the truck around 60/65 on my commute home which is 80 percent highway. I got just over 20 mpg. It really does well on the 100 percent gas it seems, maybe a fluke but I hope not. Not sure I will consistently spend the money for 100 percent 93 but I was amazed. But if keep your foot in it it will get single digits easily. Its really a jelkl and Hyde motor, my first turbo motor. Very different.

dude1782

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm around 13-14 all city and traffic or Baja mode. Easily get 20 on highways and interstates.

---------- Post added at 10:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 PM ----------

In baja mode I get between 6 and 9. Sport mode really brings down mpg too.

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mine is getting 15.5 in city driving and with me getting into it because it is so much fun. I'm thinking on a long highway trip with the cruise on doing 80 I should be right around 20.

dillard09

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have just a tad over 4k on mine now and routinely drive on I35 with cruise set at 80 for over 70 miles then on some FM roads at 55-65 before a few miles on some dirt. The best I have done is 16.5. I run 93 octane. But I didn't buy a Raptor for the gas mileage so it really don't matter to me. I'm more about smiles per mile.

dasbury

Reaction score
First, my quote is always that my truck uses whatever fuel it needs ... as many have said, I don't really care, that's not why I bought a Raptor. I just traded in my 2014 6.2 for a 2017 3.5 EcoBeast and it uses much less fuel in exactly the same circumstances. I live in SW FL, so no seasons, and the roads are flat. I tend to drive the interstate at 75 with my cruise control engaged and the 6.2 would give me 16 mpg. Same conditions and my new truck delivers 20. I love this beast, not because of the fuel economy, but the power and transmission are awesome in my mind - yes, I miss the growl of the 6.2 with my open air box!

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I ran mine to almost empty and tried something different. I drove home sanely in light traffic. I went the 100% gas spot and got 93 octane. At .70 cents more than 87 with ethanol it's not cheap but I kept the truck around 60/65 on my commute home which is 80 percent highway. I got just over 20 mpg. It really does well on the 100 percent gas it seems, maybe a fluke but I hope not. Not sure I will consistently spend the money for 100 percent 93 but I was amazed. But if keep your foot in it it will get single digits easily. Its really a jelkl and Hyde motor, my first turbo motor. Very different.

use e-30 it's a lot cheaper with same octane or a bit more just self-blend if you can't get the station to put it in.

kdub405

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine gets right at 11mpg and that's 2 miles worse than the 14 I traded in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KTMRC8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get anywhere from 12 to 17. All of my 400 miles trips got at least 14 though...but there were some long stretches in the 12s

robbys3m3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i did some testing yesterday on a quick road trip....with levelling collar and 37s I still got 18 mpg hwy, 14, city...im ok with that.

CatchMeOffroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is getting 15.5 in city driving and with me getting into it because it is so much fun. I'm thinking on a long highway trip with the cruise on doing 80 I should be right around 20.

I have to respectfully disagree with you about your last statement; I highly doubt you will be seeing 20mpg average for more than a few miles regardless of what type of driving you are doing. I have done about 1500mi in my SCAB at 75-80mph on cruise, and mpg was right around 14-16. The faster you go in these things, the faster the mpg drops off. If you keep it around 65-70mph, you can probably average 17-18mpg for some time though.

Just my experience with the truck, although you might be much easier on the pedal than I am.