West Coast / CA prices

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I definitely wouldn’t pay a $25k adm just for a 37, at that point I’d go out of state. After buying several trucks out of state and shipping them, I do agree buying local is much easier and less hassle, but out of state is certainly doable too depending on the savings.

OP
OP
B

beemerb0y

Reaction score
best Ive found in SoCal on a Raptor 35 is $4k over
still cheaper to buy out of state and spend $500-1500 to ship it, depending on where it's coming from

Dudebrodude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
best Ive found in SoCal on a Raptor 35 is $4k over
still cheaper to buy out of state and spend $500-1500 to ship it, depending on where it's coming from
Idk where you’re getting quotes from but that’s cheap for shipping. Had my truck shipped from Ohio and it was $2,100 back in 2022

OP
OP
B

beemerb0y

Reaction score
Idk where you’re getting quotes from but that’s cheap for shipping. Had my truck shipped from Ohio and it was $2,100 back in 2022
ive shipped:
Phoenix AZ - SoCal $500 enclosed
Las Vegas NV - SoCal $650 enclosed
Philadelphia PA - SoCal $1950 enclosed

shipping prices are all over the place. Depends on # of cars that fit on the truck, the route the driver is moving, and other factors. Its not black and white. Also, most shipping carriers are actually brokers, they add on 20-30% for their profit. Ask the car hauler for their MC #, check it on SAFERweb, and get a copy of their insurance cert.
One way to know if its a broker is if they ask for X amount up front via credit card, and pay Y amount to the driver when he drops off.

Dudebrodude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ive shipped:
Phoenix AZ - SoCal $500 enclosed
Las Vegas NV - SoCal $650 enclosed
Philadelphia PA - SoCal $1950 enclosed

shipping prices are all over the place. Depends on # of cars that fit on the truck, the route the driver is moving, and other factors. Its not black and white. Also, most shipping carriers are actually brokers, they add on 20-30% for their profit. Ask the car hauler for their MC #, check it on SAFERweb, and get a copy of their insurance cert.
One way to know if its a broker is if they ask for X amount up front via credit card, and pay Y amount to the driver when he drops off.
Good looking out for future shipping. That's helpful

MCrump

Reaction score
I agree with you on that. I spent a week calling every dealer semi local that showed what i wanted in stock till I finally found mine. Most were $7500-$10k over MSRP, and all the way up to $25k over. I talked Most down to $7500 over, a couple to $6k over, and finally found mine at $4k over and pulled the trigger. Definitely lots of phone calls, emails, and texts messages to get my truck.
I did the same thing. Finally got someone down to $5k over but it was a.huge pain in the ass talking them all down. Saw a R in Sacramento going for, get this, $100k over. Insanity.

cschenone

Reaction score
I live in NoCal and there are few dealers selling at MSRP. However most are selling with markup. I was able to pick up a '24 Avalanche 801a package at MSRP. I was in and out 90 minutes.

recohn

Reaction score
Just Bought a 2024 in Kansas this month for straight MSRP with ZERO doc fees (ADM) in Agate Black with an $82K MSRP, trucking to Cali was $1600 for a friend of mine. My 2023 in Av. Grey with a 37" Package with an $89K MSRP was $1500 over MSRP in Illinois last April of 2023. I'm a fan of 2023's from the exterior lighting positioning, to the interior colored stitching. There are lots of regular 2024 Raptors that you can pick up for MSRP in the central U.S. I trucked my Raptor to Kansas and it's going to Livernois Motorsports in Michigan for a tune, new turbo's, upgraded fuel delivery system and a trip to the dyno. The 2024 Raptors with the new 37" wheels are bu-t in my opinion. It will only take you an hour or two to find what you are looking for, use CarGurus or Car.com to narrow your search for color and equipment packages. Just smile and dial now. Good luck.

OEMPlus Raptor

OEM preferred....
Reaction score
You can find MSRP Raptor's all day long on FaceBook Raptor Classifieds. I've seen like 5 in the last week. Depends on hotel, flight and or whatever you have to do to get it here. If its less than 4K then might be worth a shot. When I was looking for mine, it came down to a drive to northern cal or az. I took the Nor Cal option, since AZ wanted to add on stupid stuff like LoJack, locking lug nuts and other stupid stuff they want to nickel and dime. I had also found one in Norht Dakota, but the discount was lost once I added the cost of getting it to me. By the way don't let the dealer scare you with registering or smogging it. It's a tactic to scare you. I would not pay a nickel or MSRP tho! I still see the salesman at my local dealer when I go for my oil changes and laugh at him. "Come'on man, it's only 5K over sticker" GTFOH!