Warning about rear window defrosters!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KTM RAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whole assembly requires replacement unfortunately.

I wonder how bad things might get with the new design as one solid piece of glass across the back (sans center slider). Instead of just panels of glass being replaced, people will have to replace the whole rear window on the newer models... if shatter occurs.

The whole rear assembly has to come out even if one panel cracks/shatterson on these trucks.. Learned the hard way. Thankfully I was still under warranty at the time.

Sorry to burst your bubble GearTripper!

Mustangraptorkid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same thing happened to my 2010 I we'll be removing the wire to the button when the job is completed so no one is able to activate it I was given no explanation to why this keeps happening and I have done research and it has happened to standard f150 as Long as it's the three pieace window

KTM RAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another one bites the dust..

Another rear window down.. This time no defroster on, window still blows up.

Going to be an eventful day at the dealership this week! :ROFLJest:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 90

All The Way

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mines finally blew up getting rid of morning dew
15415_10152702664916565_8244146332972898131_n.jpg

Last edited:

DeepSeaOne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a suggestion but...pre-heat the interior with the heater prior to engaging the heat strips. Same thing happens in aircraft if window heat is applied to extremely cold glass. Should keep it from happening until a fix comes along. Of course this won't help if its happening in normal temps.