Voodoo Offroad Recovery rope

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

richnot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So much safer then using chains or cable. I have seen a few mishaps of people being overly aggressive with a chain and yank the hell out of it to the point id snapps a link and goes threw the windshield ot threw the back window. I'm sure a lot of you remember the first snatch um Straps? people were still putting blankets on them to help slow down the recoil if they snapped. I shouldn't laugh about it biu I do remember one time down in South Jersey in Forked River, Pine Barrens where there was a Jeep stuck big time and it was high sided so it was either yank the Jeep out or try to dig out underneath it or put logs under the tires to help
There was a long bed square body Chevy truck that had a chain and a strap that must have been 75 feet total. I t was in deep and far away before all 4 would be on the ground agaid.
The truck owner hooked the chain up to one frame rail ant then it went under the hitch so no damage to his bumper. The guy with the Jeep was given the other end and had to go into the nasty knee deep mud and was told to wrap it around the frame and attach it to one of the mounted tow hooks.

I guess he decided it would be easier than digging through the mud to get it to where it needed to go, so instead he hooked it around the lower tube on his frame mounted grill guard. This is going back to the the 80's so I sure you have seen them and they had the option of bolting on the two extra side loops for protection. Kinda like what you see on some of the police cars now depending where you live.

The Chevy backed up a good 25-30 feet and then he just romped on it, the Jeep did move a bit but the grille guard that he wrapped it around went a lot further, it just about came right up to the back of the truck.thankfully no one was hurt and he learned a lesson big time and so did all of the people standing around, it's no joke that a chain or cable or part could kill you. They did pull him out by hooking a jeep with a winch between the truck and large pine tree. I never realized how much suction was also involved when your buried that deep and not to stand around as a bystander when someone is doing something wrong and does not want to listen

Sorry for the long story and I wish I had a video camera back then but they cost more than a set of tires and rims so it was crossed off the list. I wish we had cell phones and the technology we have now, back then because there were a lot of lessons learned the hard way

https://www.fourwheeler.com/ultimat...2FCC658A50BB74375F91EEFCED3A3637EE4AC96347E29

Bozz

Royal Smart A$$
Reaction score
If you've ever served on a ship or an aircraft carrier, you know..... snapping cables can kill a person.... or worse...