VisionX Xtreme 30" vs Rigid E-Series 40"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It does give off a lot of light, the Rigid looks like it throws the beam a little further.

BlueSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
More light is going to equal more distance, given similar optics... so it's likely just a photo illusion, because it's so damn washed out in the lower pic due to the brightness.

My bar will easily project what seems like 1/4-mile or more in front of me... 80-MPH at night is no issue off road, you NEVER feel like you'll outrun the light.

This video was taken off my truck's GoPro (speed up to 80mph in the video):

Ford Raptor Night Run (Land Rush 1000) - YouTube

Although the light bar was shaky, you still get the idea... it even washes out the GoPro's automatic exposure. The mount was coming loose, luckily I noticed at the next stop!

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So what are we supposed to surmise from this that a $1500.00 30" vision with floods is better than a 40" Rigid with mostly spots? Seriously! a more expensive light has more output, really?
Why don't you compare a $1200.00 Rigid 40" to a $1200.00 Vision 40" with the same optics instead of comparing apples to oranges its ridiculous. Can't wait for Rigid or Vision-x to chime in on this.

BlueSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So what are we supposed to surmise from this that a $1500.00 30" vision with floods is better than a 40" Rigid with mostly spots? Seriously! a more expensive light has more output, really?
Why don't you compare a $1200.00 Rigid 40" to a $1200.00 Vision 40" with the same optics instead of comparing apples to oranges its ridiculous. Can't wait for Rigid or Vision-x to chime in on this.
He's showing you what $300 more will buy you, a 25% increase in price... which from the picture, is MUCH more than a 25% increase in light output, and takes up less space.

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I see Rigid 40" lights on sale all the time for $999.00 so if I added another $500.00 worth of light to that 40" it might be brighter after all. Just looking at it a diffident way.

BlueSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I see Rigid 40" lights on sale all the time for $999.00 so if I added another $500.00 worth of light to that 40" it might be brighter after all. Just looking at it a diffident way.
Sure... whatever works best for you! I know guys that have the 40" rigid, and are perfectly happy too.

Some people want the biggest, and best... regardless of cost. It really shows just how bad ass the Xmitter bars are, because some people gripe at the high cost.

OP
OP
AlternativeOffroad

AlternativeOffroad

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

How am I comparing apples to oranges? I never stated that the VisionX is mostly floods, I also never said the Rigid was mostly spots. I said they are both what they consider "Spot and Flood Combo". Yes, The VisionX has a 20 degree wider flood than the Rigid does. Yes, the Rigid is $300 cheaper. I sell both lights, and each light has their own advantage over the other. Both lights are top shelf quality, I just had some customers wondering why the VisionX was so much more expensive for a comparable size in a Rigid...

He's showing you what $300 more will buy you, a 25% increase in price... which from the picture, is MUCH more than a 25% increase in light output, and takes up less space.

Exactly

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I may be in the market for a Vision-x soon, but would like to see a fair comparison between the two is all.