VHF radio install pic's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SVTBuckeye

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I don't really want to drill holes in my truck, I preferred to have something portable, I found this one any idea?
WOUXUN KG-UV6D U.V Dual Band Two-Way Radio Body.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have that Wouxun. It has a lot of features for the price. When I finally understood how little distance a handheld can reach vs. an installed mobile radio, I installed a radio and keep the Wouxun as a backup.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Sano Dano

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Radio/ GPS Mounting

Here is how I mounted my Race Radio and GPS in my 2011 SCREW.

Attachments

• Interior 1.jpg
    Interior 1.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 171
  • Interior 4.jpg
    Interior 4.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 188
  • Interior 2.jpg
    Interior 2.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 199

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Here is how I mounted my Race Radio and GPS in my 2011 SCREW.

That looks very clean.

Pardon the newb question, but does the nav in the 801A package in the 2013s work for a Raptor run, or do I need something with topographic data or something like that?

OP
OP
Wilson

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That looks very clean.

Pardon the newb question, but does the nav in the 801A package in the 2013s work for a Raptor run, or do I need something with topographic data or something like that?

Works in a lot of situations if you zoom it in. But for the really off road stuff is where you'd need the other. But I don't worry about it in a group.

Steve-O

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ive been looking into radios lately and really want a clean, custom install. Ive narrowed it down to this mounting location...ahy3u3ed.jpg
with this....gysu7amy.jpg
played through this...haremese.jpg

Now I just dont know which radio to get. A scan feature and on-the-fly programming would be nice but not necessarily required. As long as I can do the 3 thing posted above, id be happy. Does anyone know of a radio I can do this with?

Sent from my SCH-I915 using Tapatalk

SVTCALI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any info posted about mounting the antenna on the roof? I have the permanent antenna kit from Outlaw.