Very unhappy Porsche Owners

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pikser

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Many of the vehicles are reported to be EV’s so water cannot be used.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Many of the vehicles are reported to be EV’s so water cannot be used.
A friend in high school had her VW bug catch fire. She said that when the heads caught, it was impressive. Magnesium will burn underwater. My Dad had a 40 foot magnesium extension ladder that I always wanted to set on fire when I was a kid, but it wasn't worth the inevitable a$$ whoopin'. Not to mention having to buy him another one.

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A friend in high school had her VW bug catch fire. She said that when the heads caught, it was impressive. Magnesium will burn underwater. My Dad had a 40 foot magnesium extension ladder that I always wanted to set on fire when I was a kid, but it wasn't worth the inevitable a$$ whoopin'. Not to mention having to buy him another one.
I had a chemistry professor that said he knew some kids that put magnesium or sodium in the middle of an intersection and when the oil ran off of it it would catch fire and when they tried to put it out with water it never would.

He thought it was a funny prank lol.

I have no idea if the story was true but they way he told it was funny. Also we were in organic chemistry so any distraction was worth it.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had a chemistry professor that said he knew some kids that put magnesium or sodium in the middle of an intersection and when the oil ran off of it it would catch fire and when they tried to put it out with water it never would.

He thought it was a funny prank lol.

I have no idea if the story was true but they way he told it was funny. Also we were in organic chemistry so any distraction was worth it.
Sodium. Or potassium. Any of the column one elements will burn on exposure to air or water. If you throw a bunch of pellets into a toilet, the reaction ejects all of the water onto the floor, where the pellets burn violently and ruin said floor. Ask me how I know. :) Magnesium is quite stable and it's a fair amount of work to get a decent chunk started. The chemistry demo always uses thin ribbon and lights it with a bunsen burner. Some fire starters rely on shavings. I've never tried them. Good old fire steel and vaseline-soaked cotton balls are hard to beat.

Kotykb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Luckily my Lamborghini Huracan Spyder left the port one month before potentially going on that one, I'm quite fortunate