Upgrade door speaker info

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TBONE21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My raptor did not have the Sony system and I'm wanting to add a nicer speaker. What speaker brand/ model do you guys suggest? Also what size are the front and rears.

All I want to do is add a really nice speaker to my stock system. Just plug new ones and go. The stock ones stink.

Thanks in advance!

Turf Tamer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just finished my install a few days ago. I have the none Sony deck as well and am running Pioneer 3 ways in all 4 doors.Pioneer TS-A6874R 6"x8" 3-way car speakers at Crutchfield.com

They were recommended by one of the tech guys from Crutchfield since they are high efficiency speakers that would work well with the stock deck. The mids and highs are much crisper than the stockers but the bass is lacking imo. For me that is not as issue since I also installed a 10" powered sub from kicker, but if I was just doing the doors I would have been a little disappointed.

OP
OP
TBONE21

TBONE21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I take it 6x8 is all four doors? We're the speakers simple to install? Plug and play?

---------- Post added at 11:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 PM ----------

I just finished my install a few days ago. I have the none Sony deck as well and am running Pioneer 3 ways in all 4 doors.Pioneer TS-A6874R 6"x8" 3-way car speakers at Crutchfield.com

They were recommended by one of the tech guys from Crutchfield since they are high efficiency speakers that would work well with the stock deck. The mids and highs are much crisper than the stockers but the bass is lacking imo. For me that is not as issue since I also installed a 10" powered sub from kicker, but if I was just doing the doors I would have been a little disappointed.

Where did u install the sub? Any pics?

Turf Tamer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I take it 6x8 is all four doors? We're the speakers simple to install? Plug and play?

---------- Post added at 11:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 PM ----------

Where did u install the sub? Any pics?

Go to crutchfield, enter your vehicle information and it will filter out incompatible products. It takes the guesswork out of it, plus there customer service and tech support are top notch, but that is reflected in there price.

The speakers are plug and play and because I bought them at crutchfield, included in the box was speaker plug adapters that plug into the factory harness.

As for the sub, its mounted under the rear seat.

c27508f5.jpg

1c4cf1c1.jpg

8b143114.jpg

I'm already considering amping the door speakers since the sub will overpower the door speakers if I turn the volume way up.

Last edited: