Turbo boost problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gumby

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Go to a college campus and mentally beat up some college students in whatever side you feel is right, Mr. MurderedOutSVT and leave your insults to them, BTW: your not the Raptor Forum Police, ease up homie.

Mr. Papalmacha: Enjoy your Raptor, pics are optional, I believe we still live in the U.S.A.
Says the guy. Trying to be the forum Police with his 35 13. LMAO Let me Know when you a 10,893 and a 32,849.
you been here a year and contributing Nothing (in caparison) HUMMMMM!!!!!!

Edit after a little deeper dive. You Probably don't even own a Raptor!!!! Well not that deep!!! you only have 35 post.

Last edited:

recohn

Reaction score
Perfect, I'll be the one handing out the baby bottles to these ill informed protesters (college kids) that don't know how good they have it here.

Gumby

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just because I know how to use the Internet doesn't make me or anyone else a collage student. I have met a Lot of the guys here I would put the average age if the ones I have met at 50.
You might want to take a lesson in respect. Older than you or not A person here with 10,000 post and 32,000 reaction score is your senior. They obviously contribute to the sight. I know you haven contributed anything with a 35 post 13 reaction. if you had... your reaction would be 70.
There is your Lesson. Now you are fee to do with it what you will. Hope this help your further time Here. Or not

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Go to a college campus and mentally beat up some college students in whatever side you feel is right, Mr. MurderedOutSVT and leave your insults to them, BTW: your not the Raptor Forum Police, ease up homie.

Mr. Papalmacha: Enjoy your Raptor, pics are optional, I believe we still live in the U.S.A.
Oh.... And Bingo!
1715730466134.png
:-D

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Reaction score
No mods are done I run 91 octane and I never heard any pops or anything but I just know when it left the dealer I was boosting at damn near 20 psi and I can’t get close now. Been super hot here lately but I don’t think that would cause 8 psi drop from heat but I am new to the turbo world also so not sure. Thanks everyone else actually giving me some advice or things to think about lol
The boost value displayed literally means nothing as the ECU doesn’t target any specific boost value. It’s probably best to ignore it.

The ECU utilizes a series of Driver Demand tables to target the related Load, Torque, and their related limiter tables to produce power. The boost value isn’t included in any of the power demand tables. The manifold absolute pressure isn’t either. They both are utilized as limits, not targets.

As FTO mentioned, the ECU will limit power by decreasing the Load and Torque targets related to specific Driver Demand inputs depending on the derived octane level which is itself based on knock sensor data and related timing advance/retard tables. The result is lower peak indicated boost (manifold absolute pressure minus barometric pressure) to meet the lowered Load/Torque targets.

The ECU also has many Load/Torque limiter tables that utilize intake air temperature and manifold air temperature to reduce Load/Torque targets.

Bottom line is back to my first statement, the indicated boost value is literally irrelevant to performance, unless you have a related fault code.

If you’re interested in learning more about the ECU function you’ll need to get much more involved in the Ford tuning software.

In the “old days” before electronic engine management systems, the indicated boost told you something important, directly related to engine power. Now it’s just not really
important at all unless it’s way too high at the peak Load/Torque value.