TSB 10-12-4 5.4L 3V and 6R80 transmission - Delalyed/harsh downshift above 40 mph.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dealers don't want to do TSBs just because people find out about them on the internet or from friends. And I'm sure this is driven by the manufacturers. The "trick" is to go to your dealer and tell them about the problem you're having (and of course you describe it just like it's described in the TSB). The dealership's service department will write you up, take your truck and look for any TSBs and, viola! There it is - look, a TSB that addresses that exact problem :mrgreen: Funny how that works.

OP
OP
FSM06

FSM06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dealers don't want to do tsbs just because people find out about them on the internet or from friends. And i'm sure this is driven by the manufacturers. The "trick" is to go to your dealer and tell them about the problem you're having (and of course you describe it just like it's described in the tsb). The dealership's service department will write you up, take your truck and look for any tsbs and, viola! There it is - look, a tsb that addresses that exact problem :mrgreen: Funny how that works.

b-i-n-g-o!!!!!!

Fsm

OP
OP
FSM06

FSM06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dealers don't want to do tsbs just because people find out about them on the internet or from friends. And i'm sure this is driven by the manufacturers. The "trick" is to go to your dealer and tell them about the problem you're having (and of course you describe it just like it's described in the tsb). The dealership's service department will write you up, take your truck and look for any tsbs and, viola! There it is - look, a tsb that addresses that exact problem :mrgreen: Funny how that works.

b-i-n-g-o!!!!!!

Fsm

Xjrguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Getting this done today.

How do I verify the reflash was actually performed?

Is there a version number I can check via the dash?

Thanks in advance.

Xjrguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Getting this done today.

How do I verify the reflash was actually performed?

Is there a version number I can check via the dash?

Thanks in advance.

Xjrguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Found my answer:

To verify that your PCM/TCM has had the TSB applied, a scanner needs to check for this code:

TCM_FILENAME = AL3P-7J104-BC

Xjrguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Found my answer:

To verify that your PCM/TCM has had the TSB applied, a scanner needs to check for this code:

TCM_FILENAME = AL3P-7J104-BC