GEN 2 (2017 only) TSB 18-2079 Harsh or Delayed Shift Concerns

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GizmoVance

Full Access Member
Reaction score
MAN, I was very thankful to find this post about the TSB for the PCM update to help the trans. I've been bugged ever since new by that contstant jerky and bucky acceleration, in addition to the random bang shifting.

One dealer, notorious for never seeming like they want any business, told me there wasn't anything for my truck, and if it didn't "throw a code", they wouldn't do anything. Screw them.

So, called my faithful dealer, and he not only found it, but said bring'er in and we'll get you all fixed up. And, boy...it DID!! My Raptor drives complete different now!! Smoother acceleration and shifting, without a doubt. Very pleased so far.

Thanks.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
MAN, I was very thankful to find this post about the TSB for the PCM update to help the trans. I've been bugged ever since new by that contstant jerky and bucky acceleration, in addition to the random bang shifting.

One dealer, notorious for never seeming like they want any business, told me there wasn't anything for my truck, and if it didn't "throw a code", they wouldn't do anything. Screw them.

So, called my faithful dealer, and he not only found it, but said bring'er in and we'll get you all fixed up. And, boy...it DID!! My Raptor drives complete different now!! Smoother acceleration and shifting, without a doubt. Very pleased so far.

Thanks.
Do you know your build date? My 2017 was built 11/07/16 and mine shifted great right from the get go. Glad to hear yours is better now. :headbang:

GizmoVance

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you know your build date? My 2017 was built 11/07/16 and mine shifted great right from the get go. Glad to hear yours is better now. :headbang:

Mine was early 2017. The TSB specifies prior to August 2017.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk