TPMS Sensor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jm77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can anyone confirm the correct part number and frequency for the factory TPMS sensors in these Gen 3s?

Looking to add a sensor to the spare so I can use it during tire rotations. Thanks.

GreatAvalon

Reaction score
Adding one to the spare is a good idea. Didn't think of that.

Just ordered a set of 4 OEM Ford TPMS sensors for a new set of wheels. Called 2 places and they both gave me the same answer on part number for my VIN (see below). Got the sensors in 2 days from one of them online and they have 315mhz on the sensor. This matches what Tire Rack provided for a 2020 Ford Raptor (I don't think their compatibility search was updated with 2021 yet). Haven't installed yet, waiting on the wheels and tires.

What I ordered.
Short part number: TPMS-68
Long part number: ML3Z-1A189-B

OP
OP
J

jm77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got a new sensor from Ford and had it installed in my spare. Did my first rotation today (5 tire so includes the spare). Tried using one of those cheap Amazon grey tools. It worked on the original wheels but not the new sensor. Anyone know if I need to do anything special to activate the new sensor?

Update: Drove on the Highway and the truck seemed to recognize the new sensor and new locations. Guess the shorter drive in town wasn’t enough. Not sure about the tool. Will have to try it now that the sensor seems to be reading. Although it seems no tool is needed when doing rotations.

Last edited:

Bozz

Royal Smart A$$
Reaction score
Sorry, not trying to hijack this thread, it's just that it's current and many people may look at it.....

I do NOT have the TPMS sensors installed in my wheels, but dash low-tire-pressure warning has come on and won't go away. It was not there for the first year I drove the truck. Again, no sensors installed, have tried to find a way to delete/reset warning, but coming up empty. Anyone? Thanks.

OP
OP
J

jm77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry, not trying to hijack this thread, it's just that it's current and many people may look at it.....

I do NOT have the TPMS sensors installed in my wheels, but dash low-tire-pressure warning has come on and won't go away. It was not there for the first year I drove the truck. Again, no sensors installed, have tried to find a way to delete/reset warning, but coming up empty. Anyone? Thanks.
When you pull up the tire pressures on the dash do you see a reading for all tires? I’ve had it happen a handful of times where the sensors would go offline and I’d get a TPMS error message. It seems to come back on by itself after a bit for me. When it does the low pressure warning will go away by itself.

Bozz

Royal Smart A$$
Reaction score
When you pull up the tire pressures on the dash do you see a reading for all tires? I’ve had it happen a handful of times where the sensors would go offline and I’d get a TPMS error message. It seems to come back on by itself after a bit for me. When it does the low pressure warning will go away by itself.
I will have to look at that. I've never seen any tire pressure readings listed anywhere, just that warning notice.

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Adding one to the spare is a good idea. Didn't think of that.

Just ordered a set of 4 OEM Ford TPMS sensors for a new set of wheels. Called 2 places and they both gave me the same answer on part number for my VIN (see below). Got the sensors in 2 days from one of them online and they have 315mhz on the sensor. This matches what Tire Rack provided for a 2020 Ford Raptor (I don't think their compatibility search was updated with 2021 yet). Haven't installed yet, waiting on the wheels and tires.

What I ordered.
Short part number: TPMS-68
Long part number: ML3Z-1A189-B
Is this currently working on a Gen 3 raptor? or is yours a 2020? I just got my 5 wheels in the mail today and I want to get them mounted and balanced and order the TPMS sensor. Want to double check before I order the TPMS sensor that the 5 tire rotation is working and the vehcile automatically detects the new TPMS. I understand it can only read 4 at a time and I'm not concerned with a reading on the spare tire, but I would like it all to work once I rotate the 5th into the mix.

Bozz

Royal Smart A$$
Reaction score
I don't see that feature anywhere on my menu. Just get a warning notice.

OP
OP
J

jm77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't see that feature anywhere on my menu. Just get a warning notice.
Hit the menu button on the steering wheel. I think it’s in Raptor Info. Use the arrows to scroll through the different pages. It’s after then”measurements” page.