towing four down

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vash

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just be aware that not all model years of the Raptor can be flat towed. I can't remember what year they added that functionality to the 4x4 system, but I'd check your owner's manual to confirm. Granted, with all terrain tires and having to rely on electronic cheat codes to basically put the transfer case in neutral if your model year even supports it I'd trailer the Raptor if I was going any long distance. Save the wear on the Raptor's tires and drivetrain for something more fun.

johndjmix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tow a 18,000 lb stacker with my fleetwood discovery diesel pusher. It has 330 HP. I've re enforced the hitch for the weight. Tows it well, I've taken it across the country several times. But, ulike my old 8,000 lb enclosed you Definatly know its there. I don't exceed 55 mph while towing it. I set cruise at 53.

And can't tow it on hot days, it will overheat. So it's a yes it can but take it easy thing. If I had the cash I would upgrade to a dynamax truck based rv but big $$$ there.

--John.

Glassman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Raptor that I tow all four down is a 12, just read the manual I think it's call recreational tow basically you turn the key to on without starting it and within so many seconds you must turn the four wheel button from two wheel to four low five times and on your info screen it will notify that the truck is in recreational tow mode.

Note the 10's & 11's can not be towed all four down

Coolhand5599

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Raptor that I tow all four down is a 12, just read the manual I think it's call recreational tow basically you turn the key to on without starting it and within so many seconds you must turn the four wheel button from two wheel to four low five times and on your info screen it will notify that the truck is in recreational tow mode.

Note the 10's & 11's can not be towed all four down

Do you have pictures of hoe the setup looks on the truck? What unit did you go with? would you recommend it? Is it a self install?