towing four down

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
the welds look pretty good enough to hold it and it looks like he took the tow hooks off and attached the bar in its place if thats true then he should have no problem towing that bad boy!

that looks sweet behind that big bus!! i like it!

amphibian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure it says in the manual that you have to flat bed tow, you're not even supposed to tow it with TWO wheels on the ground, let alone four.

With the engine off the transmission won't pump enough fluid and you would be burning up bearings. Additionally, the IWE hubs on the front wheels would engage, and the front drive axles/diff/shaft would be spinning (albeit freely in the t-case) as well which would be a lot of additional resistance & unnecessary wear.

Hmm, although I did see another posting saying that it was possible with the t-case in neutral. Maybe I'm talking out of my ass. Either way, manual says "no", so I probably wouldn't do it.

Last edited:

dallastxrptr

Reaction score
Manual says you can on 2013, my understanding is previous years it's not an option, was just curious cuz I'm gonna give it a shot behind a motorhome...

---------- Post added at 09:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 AM ----------

Trailering it would be good BUT, Raptors are wider, therefore trailer needs to be wider or drive over fender option but the main thing about a trailer is it adds about 3500 pounds to your motorhome towing capacity...