Totalled

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gt350shelby

Reaction score
That isn’t going to be even close to getting “totaled”, wishful thinking.
There’s a chance it will. The insurance company will get a salvage quote from their salvage vendor and add that to the estimate amount and make a decision from there. I figure $40k is the salvage quote since Raptors get good bids at auction plus a $30k estimate puts it at $70k.

Keshka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In Oregon anyway, you have the option to purchase your totaled rig for the salvage price. Sometimes it takes the threat "...would you like me to call the state insurance commission?" to get them to acquiesce. Yes, you still end up with a branded title and a payout less salvage value but you have your Raptor and could get it fixed. I ran into a similar situation a few years back with Geico. Girl friend's car was hit RF. They totaled and took the car.....clear across the state to some yard. They had to bring it back to me at their expense. I fixed the car and ended up with almost a $1000 in cash left over.

gt350shelby

Reaction score
In Oregon anyway, you have the option to purchase your totaled rig for the salvage price. Sometimes it takes the threat "...would you like me to call the state insurance commission?" to get them to acquiesce. Yes, you still end up with a branded title and a payout less salvage value but you have your Raptor and could get it fixed. I ran into a similar situation a few years back with Geico. Girl friend's car was hit RF. They totaled and took the car.....clear across the state to some yard. They had to bring it back to me at their expense. I fixed the car and ended up with almost a $1000 in cash left over.
If it’s paid off you’ll have the option immediately. If there’s a lienholder then the lienholder has to grant you permission since they hold the title and technically own it. Usually if you’re a few payments away from paying it off they’ll let you keep it. Most times they want the quick payout from the insurance company.