Tool to torque lower shock bolt

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Andy2675

Andy2675

Reaction score
Coming from someone who's former job was to build parts that kept planes in the air, I'd not underestimate the value of a torque wrench. Especially for those who wheel harder than the Starbucks parking lot. Next thing we will hear is the infamous, "well that never happened to me before". Which it never has until it does.

A torque wrench is not made to keep you from stripping threads as much as it is to keep you from over stretching bolts. Which in this application would notify you of a failure only when it completely snaps. But what is the worse that could happen?
I've decided to put as much grunt on it that my 5'7" ass can manage. Then bringing it to a reputable shop here in town for an alignment and torqueing those two bolts.

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so got the front FRS on the way and gonna tackle this job in a few months once stuff slows down.
Anyone have luck with these adapters? I really dont wanna get a $600 400+ ft-lb tq wrench for one damn bolt

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Already been montioned by brianh87- a torque multiplier is the proper way to do it. Buy the right tool for the job or pay someone else to do it who has the right tool.

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i bought the 3/8" version of that torquing tool.. seems to work well for $30..

previous experiences with electronic torque wrenches arent great, especially at high torque numbers, but im not sure the cost can be justified for a multiplier unless there is other things it will be used on..

i'd probably call some local truck shops and see if they can re-torque after you put it back together, if you are super concerned about it, which i really never have been..i make it as tight as i can with a long 1/2" breaker bar with a jack handle..

they say that bolt is to be replaced every time also.. does anyone replace it?