Tool to torque lower shock bolt

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Andy2675

Reaction score
Screenshot_20231008_175212_Chrome.jpg

Trying to gather tools and sockets to tackle a shock swap job. Stumbled across this, figured this looks like a very useful tool for anyone, who like me, already has a 3/4 drive breaker bar. Has anyone used one of these? How did it do? Seems accurate according to a few youtube review videos.

OP
OP
Andy2675

Andy2675

Reaction score

According to this video it appears accurate. I have a 24" 3/4 breaker bar and a jack handle that's hopefully gonna get the job done.

Last edited:

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score

All I would use. Just don't impact it to death. The new ones are getting stronger every year. (600 ft-lbs.)
I have an older one that goes to 400 ft-lbs. but you have to hold the trigger for a good while to get 400 lbs.

Last edited:

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Coming from someone who's former job was to build parts that kept planes in the air, I'd not underestimate the value of a torque wrench. Especially for those who wheel harder than the Starbucks parking lot. Next thing we will hear is the infamous, "well that never happened to me before". Which it never has until it does.

A torque wrench is not made to keep you from stripping threads as much as it is to keep you from over stretching bolts. Which in this application would notify you of a failure only when it completely snaps. But what is the worse that could happen?