GEN 2 Too many miles?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nah that’s not too many miles- def go for it you’ll just be mad you didn’t do a tune earlier!!! Sooooo much better driving experience (seriously you’re going to be ticked off the second you get back in it after tune)

The shocks? I mean they probably need to be refreshed @ that mileage anyhow, if you were to turn around & sell the truck next year for some reason, a private party would value that shock rebuild for sure

I would consider upgrading the leaf springs to deavers & the fronts to geiser

Honestly? The ONLY thing that I’m basically certain is need of replacement on your 70k mike gen2? The rear leaf springs.

Sidetrack

Reaction score
I tuned my 2018 at 95,000 miles. Stage 2 Cobb w/ FMIC and intake. I put in fresh rebuilt shocks at 115,000 with Deavers in the back and Geisers up front. It's not easy to see how bad the ride quality has gotten until you put in a set of fresh shocks (deavers and geisers helped too).

The truck was always driven hard (even before the tune) but was very well maintained. It ran great at 123,000, right up to the point it was stolen/recovered. It's been difficult to walk away from that truck since it was always so strong and fun to drive. Point being, if you take care of your truck, then longevity shouldn't be a concern. I think you'll enjoy it for a long time. Good luck.

OP
OP
I

iwish97

Reaction score
Bummer to hear your truck was ripped off.
I installed the goose tune last weekend. When the rain stops, I will get the data logs back to him. You all were right, I wish I would have bought the goose tune and TCM tune when I got the truck. It is a different experience driving it now. I put the colder spark plugs in it as well. I believe the next step is deavers and rebuilt shocks.