6.2 TIRED OF DRONE (No More Roush in my Life!)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JuggNuttz

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I can honestly say this is the first ive heard of Roush and droning.... and i myself have a Roush. only gotten one complaint from all the different people ive had in my truck, but that was my sister who once complained to me that a tv on mute was making too much noise..... :perkinswhatever:

i will say there is a weird almost drone but only at like 62mph, so it doesnt affect me as im always above that anyway.

festusrocks2001

Reaction score
I've had Roush on my truck since it came out. no problem.
You guys must not ride bikes the exhaust is way louder.
I think its cool when people call on sync and you take off, then they say;
"What the f@@k was that?" my truck biiatch!!

Where is nosbusa?? this guy needs a stereo upgrade.

Here's how I look at it; tires to loud=get an exhaust.
now exhaust to loud=upgrade stereo.
now stereo to loud=your to old!!

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've had Roush on my truck since it came out. no problem.
You guys must not ride bikes the exhaust is way louder.
I think its cool when people call on sync and you take off, then they say;
"What the f@@k was that?" my truck biiatch!!

Where is nosbusa?? this guy needs a stereo upgrade.

Here's how I look at it; tires to loud=get an exhaust.
now exhaust to loud=upgrade stereo.
now stereo to loud=your to old!!

drone and loud exhaust are 2 different things. i have SW long tube headers and the lightning style cat back. as far as a full exhaust on a raptor goes there isnt much louder than me, but the drone is minimal. loud doesnt equal drone, drone is the constant resonance at a certain RPM range. i have heard a few people complain about the roush drone. the resonator would be probably the cheaper easier shot at it. then J-pipes might be next to try. next would be go with corsa. good sound and minimal drone if any, also a great quality product

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey! I sent you a second PM about buying the muffler.

Last edited:

ctozzi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Corsa cat back and it's very nice ZERO drone. However I'm looking to swap out the muffler for something a tad louder and aggressive. I'm starting my research to see what sounds the best with no drone. I still have all my stock components installed before the cat back.

drone and loud exhaust are 2 different things. i have SW long tube headers and the lightning style cat back. as far as a full exhaust on a raptor goes there isnt much louder than me, but the drone is minimal. loud doesnt equal drone, drone is the constant resonance at a certain RPM range. i have heard a few people complain about the roush drone. the resonator would be probably the cheaper easier shot at it. then J-pipes might be next to try. next would be go with corsa. good sound and minimal drone if any, also a great quality product

GotExhaust.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The Corsa exhaust options will offer minimal drone, as will any system with a resonator. For example, the MBRP Turn Down comes with a straight-through front pipe and can create drone at certain RPMs. In contrast, the MBRP cat-back has a resonator front pipe and will reduce if not eliminate drone, relatively speaking. If drone is a concern, make sure your cat-back selection has a resonator included in the kit.

If anyone needs help choosing their next exhaust solution, please feel free to PM us for personalized attention.

:cheers:

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have the Corsa cat back and it's very nice ZERO drone. However I'm looking to swap out the muffler for something a tad louder and aggressive. I'm starting my research to see what sounds the best with no drone. I still have all my stock components installed before the cat back.

Too bad your muffler isn't a 2 in/2 out design. I would consider swapping with u...I would love a Corsa muffler but I want to keep the true dual with crossover setup. I wish Corsa would sell their Xtreme mufflers separate.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

EdgeR6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do I got my roush used for that very reason. but I did not get the mid pipe. So I still have my stock resonator installed. When I asked about that some people still have it installed like that and have said they whish they had there stock one in. I have some slight drone at speed on the highway under light load cc on and up a slight incline. I'm going to see about adding some sound deadening to help out a little bit before we take the a long trip. but I regular going on about a 3 hour trip and the wife has not said anything.