Thinking of selling my raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pirates1456

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What a weird post from an adult who actually had enough money/credit to purchase a Raptor. Maybe a spinoff of the Raptor forum should be an 888 hotline to talk Raptor owners off a ledge because they purchased a very expensive and extremely capable truck they can't use to its full capability regularly. But to mod it, ask about reliability in the future and if you should purchase a foreign vehicle is some crazy, Ayahuasca induced psychobabbel. You got in over your head my man, the disease of buyer's remorse is too far a long. Sell it and get a vehicle you can use to it's full capability on the daily!
200.gif
I just tried calling that number.

CruiserClass

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you're not having fun with it, move on. If you're scared it's going to break, well, it will. Everything mechanical eventually does. Can you deal with it when it does?

Warranties are for suckers and poors. Self insure against any financial loss that isn't catastrophic and, long term, you'll win. Warranties are a very profitable product, and you don't make profit paying out more for repairs then you take in on sales...

RdR2027

Reaction score
I owned a 2018 Tundra TRD Off Road. Good reliable truck. I wouldn't trade my Raptor for any Tundra. They are two totally different vehicles. Reliable vs Fun.

2slo4u

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Warranties are for suckers and poors. Self insure against any financial loss that isn't catastrophic and, long term, you'll win. Warranties are a very profitable product, and you don't make profit paying out more for repairs then you take in on sales...
For normal everyday driving I’d agree.

However, If you’re going to drive your Raptor like it’s meant to, not getting an ESP is for suckers. ESP paid out over 25K on my 2018. Bent tie rods from Baja, covered under warranty along with the alignments, alternator malfunction due to dirt/mud, yep, covered under warranty, cooling fans for Intercooler broken due to mud and debris, yep, covered. I can go on, but you get the point.

MZRaptor72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I owned a 2018 Tundra TRD Off Road. Good reliable truck. I wouldn't trade my Raptor for any Tundra. They are two totally different vehicles. Reliable vs Fun.
I had one too… nice… but not special. Traded on a 2019 Raptor… never looked back.., not once. Just traded 19 on a 24. No looking back still. 19 was best truck ever and I’ve owned them all. 24 destined to eclipse the former.

OP
OP
mook5186

mook5186

Reaction score
Man you guys are to much but I expect it. Def not worried about breaking it. It’s not my only vehicle. I had 13 tundra it was a great truck towed a lot and hauled a lot never disappointed.

And I agree there no other truck like the Raptor puts a smile on my face when I drive it.

Also not worried about paying for the break down as much as a finding a trusty good mechanic to do the work. I paid cash for mine so that’s really not a problem.

Guess I’m just jack ass/idiot for asking the question. If there’s any clubs in western PA or northern panhandle of WV it would be great to get out more and use the truck.

2slo4u

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should look into doing parts of the TransAmericaTrail if you haven’t already