Tire rotation questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor916

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 15k on my 2019. Probably should have rotated tires sooner. How does everyone handle tire rotations?

I no longer do oil changes so may have the dealership do the oil and rotations.

Daxton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have them do 5 tire rotation, Had to pay for a tpm to be added in spare but it’s the same tire and rim as other 4. I do it every oil change about 7500 mi....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think you went a bit too far for your first rotation, for the first time I would put both fronts on the back and the back on the front and then do any other four tire rotation. Usually when it comes time to buy tires, they come in a set of four with a discount, usually paying full price for a 5th one. But if you have a money tree, you wouldn't be asking. Good luck.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Pick your poison and stick with one. I do mine every 5k miles.

5 tire rotation:

rotation3.jpg

4 tire rotation:
rotation1.jpg

What he said....been doing a 5 tire rotation like the top right since 5k mile.......now @33k and my tires still have at least 10k miles left in them.

kpecks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you went a bit too far for your first rotation, for the first time I would put both fronts on the back and the back on the front and then do any other four tire rotation. Usually when it comes time to buy tires, they come in a set of four with a discount, usually paying full price for a 5th one. But if you have a money tree, you wouldn't be asking. Good luck.

That’s helpful....

Last edited:

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Pick your poison and stick with one. I do mine every 5k miles.

5 tire rotation:

rotation3.jpg

4 tire rotation:
rotation1.jpg

I have always used the bottom right option for my trucks since the spare is not the same for me. I change the oil and rotate the tires every 5000 miles. With Corona, I went over by a couple of hundred miles, but I think the truck will survive. :cool:

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've always done 5000 mile 5 wheel rotations on all my so equipped vehicles... actually quite the snob about it. Also 5000 mile alignments unless needed sooner due to some mishap. Then again people are always asking me how I manage to get so many miles out of a set of tires. On this platform, I may add an extra spare which will extend that even further, but much more expensive when it is time to buy a new set of 5-6.