Tire opinions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
I must have got a set from a different batch than SquattingDog, my duratracs are almost shot after ~20k. Maybe it's the super hot weather in Phoenix. I rotate them every oil change and they are still going bald fast. I'm looking at replacing them in the fall which will be one year since I put them on.

A lot of people are very happy with Wildpeaks, but I don't know if its an aggressive enough tire for you.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I must have got a set from a different batch than SquattingDog, my duratracs are almost shot after ~20k. Maybe it's the super hot weather in Phoenix. I rotate them every oil change and they are still going bald fast. I'm looking at replacing them in the fall which will be one year since I put them on.

A lot of people are very happy with Wildpeaks, but I don't know if its an aggressive enough tire for you.

Aaron, what are you replacing them with later this year?

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Being a "winter tire", I can only assume that the tread compound is made to handle cooler temps..

Either that, it is because of commandershepards driving... Lol

-Greg (aka squatting dog)

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
I'll get some tread depth pics a bit later and show you what 20k has done to my poor tires.

It's got to be the heat here that's tearing them up. I don't spin them a lot and they don't get a lot of dirt miles anyway since I'm not home that much.

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Another tire is consider is the Falken Wildpeaks in 325/70/R17 , they look pretty good and I have heard good things.

I am running these right now 37x13.5-18 and are very pleased with them. Have a Hearing to go to in Santa Fe on the 19th and will be going by the ranch first on Sunday and then again on the way back on Tuesday. These tires work great on and off the road and the sidewalls give me peace of mind.