Tips installing roof mount

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Netix

Netix

Banned
Reaction score
Do not get clamp on. If your gonna do this do it te proper way. With a roof light its better to have another light on the bumper. Sometimes its just too mch light and glares off the hood making it hard on the eyes and having a light up that top makes visibility worse in snow /fog. When its snowing an im drivi it looks like hyperdrive through space with every visibible snowflake flying at my windshield. I was on top perch and roof light and fit in 7"2 np. Now im on 37s and kings and im 3 inches from hitting the ceiling at all times

kawie95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Exactly what Baja designs said. Just called Diego.

He said the behind the grill onx 44" is plenty of light for what I do (unless I'm going 110mph at night, which I don't - at night).

iSurvive

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm on mid-perch with only bumper and hood lights, and I'm 2" from hitting the parking garage at work, and maybe 3" at home. I understand the roof mount adds about 3" to the truck height. I want the 50", but won't give up garage parking.

I have heard that the higher the light the better the coverage. It comes at a downward angle to the ground and fills in shadows. Probably works best combined with bumper lights.