tint, new lights, or covers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LasGod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought the recon smoked leds with a discount code from the forum. Less than $400 shipped, there was a slight back order. I smoked the third light with two coats of vht no sanding turned out great.
First picture w/o smoked third, rest with:
y5ejanap.jpg
jutaju4e.jpg

Sent from my LG-E971 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1367367607424.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1367367607424.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 93
  • uploadfromtaptalk1367367625172.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1367367625172.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 82

LasGod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
e7anyduz.jpg

Daytime dirty close up

---------- Post added at 04:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 PM ----------

reda5ane.jpg

Maybe some inspiration from my 335i?

Milez28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you want the smoked Recons, check out Outlaw Raptor.. I just got mine in for 309 shipped

I tried the VHT, f'd it up.. took it off with B12 carb cleaner. Did it again with VHT, gave up and ordered LED's and couldn't be happier.

I guess I just suck at VHT.. lol

iHaveGas

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Blacked out my 3rd break light today with this $15 Lens Tint can I picked up from Autozone. Looks great!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 90

CP RAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had mine tinted. Tails were done in the lightest tint just to give a smoked hue. Third was done as dark as he had and blends with the black truck. The led shines through very well though just today I took a razor and cut out the three circles for the led's to brighten it up so it will match the others under the tails.

It was $80 and if I don't like it in the future I can peel it off. Police can't tell it's tinted (even when parked at the police station all day) but ford owners notice and can't point out what's different but they like it. From the side it looks dark. From behind it looks smoked. Reverse lights still work well.

OP
OP
Evanscott29

Evanscott29

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I might go with a combo: get the smoked recons then get the 3rd tinted to match as much as possible, and hopefully tint the markers if possible, if not then I might have to go with the vht on those. I havent played with taking them off though so I dont know how easy it will be to do the markers.

LasGod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't touch the markers but they looked relatively easy on the rear, you can access them with your hand when the tail lights are off. Not sure about the fronts but the headlights are pretty easy to remove too, so maybe they're just as accessible on the front.

OP
OP
Evanscott29

Evanscott29

Full Access Member
Reaction score
word thanks. whenever I get a free moment ill be doing it. unfortunately I dont see that happening anytime in the near future.