GEN 2 Throwing Check engine light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Livernois Motorsports

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You should never have to tune an ecoboost for a cold air kit. If you get a code it will be for crank case ventilation. Basically still no tune required it just doesn't have as good of flow as your factory box. Our cold air kit will never throw a check engine light. Now as for the exhaust that can trigger a check engine light if it is before the cat. If it is a cat-back system should be no issue. Let me know if there is any other questions on tunes for the ecoboost
or call me at 313-561-5500 my name is Jakeex_q90_w680_h_P04_LPP402228a_main.jpg

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You should never have to tune an ecoboost for a cold air kit. If you get a code it will be for crank case ventilation. Basically still no tune required it just doesn't have as good of flow as your factory box. Our cold air kit will never throw a check engine light. Now as for the exhaust that can trigger a check engine light if it is before the cat. If it is a cat-back system should be no issue. Let me know if there is any other questions on tunes for the ecoboost
or call me at 313-561-5500 my name is Jakeex_q90_w680_h_P04_LPP402228a_main.jpg

do you guys remove the silencing rings when installing?