Thinking very seriously about Line-X for my rocker panels...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Double Tap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been researching a 3M / Clear Defender nose mask for my truck to help prevent rock chips, and have also been looking at the same film for the rocker panels since our trucks are so prone to "decorating" their sides with dings and chips. However the sheer cost of the 3M stuff has also lead me to think about having the rocker panels shot with Line-X up to the molded body line instead.

I did a search and saw where a few other folks here have had the same idea but I didn't see where anyone actually went through with it.

I'd love to see photos of those trucks where you DID Line-X the rockers, especially if it's a Tuxedo Black truck. Barring that, I may have some photos of my own to contribute sooner or later.

Thanks in advance.

Chrisandalex1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is what we will be doing on my truck, but it will not be done until the end of Sept. I have seen it on a truck at ADD, and it turned out really nice.

I also think it will be way more effective.

BigBlock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Be sure to get either LINE-X Xtra or LINE-X Premium (both are upgrades) so it won't fade or lose its gloss.

What you could do is get a LINE-X Xtra black color match instead of their standard black color. Here's a black LINE-X Xtra color match. Sorry, not a rockers pic though:

BlackMatch2.jpg

Last edited:

linexsa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
RAPTOR | Facebook
rockers, bumpers, wheel wells, steps, bed, toolbox, and then we added the "bra" on the front. i tried to talk him into 3M just next to the lights on the flat area, but he screwed up that and the leading edge of the hood. since there is not a bugshield ive seen for the raptor hoods, we sprayed the whole thing. kinda looks like the reverse of white face monkey IMO. this is STANDARD Line-X btw. this guy likes it to look matte finished.

Heres another we did just the bugshield and flares, wheel wells and bed as well, but you cant see them.
raphood.jpg
raphood2.jpg

Last edited:

408RCLB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
RAPTOR | Facebook
rockers, bumpers, wheel wells, steps, bed, toolbox, and then we added the "bra" on the front. i tried to talk him into 3M just next to the lights on the flat area, but he screwed up that and the leading edge of the hood. since there is not a bugshield ive seen for the raptor hoods, we sprayed the whole thing. kinda looks like the reverse of white face monkey IMO. this is STANDARD Line-X btw. this guy likes it to look matte finished.

Heres another we did just the bugshield and flares, wheel wells and bed as well, but you cant see them.
raphood.jpg
raphood2.jpg

That looks badass! How much does it cost to do the flares only? Im thinking about it for mine, I have a line-x guy down the road from me in pompano fl...

OP
OP
Double Tap

Double Tap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol @ Unibrow

I have an appointment this afternoon to have my truck's bed shot with their Line-X Premium product. Just going standard black, not color matched. We're going to be building our next house soon so the bed needs to be able to handle some work and me not worry about it.

While I'm there I am going to talk to them about doing the wheel wells and the rocker panels sometime down the road. I'll probably be more inclined to do the color match with those things than I am the bed. :)

Thanks for the pics, all. Greatly appreciated.

OP
OP
Double Tap

Double Tap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the bed done with Line-X Premium. Spoke with them about the rocker panels ($550 for both sides) and the wheel wells ($100 each) and the option of color matching that work to the Tuxedo Black paint ($300 additional) and have decided to just old off on any of that for now.

As for the bed, I think it turned out great. Now I can use the truck as a truck and not worry about beating up the bed.

i-3KQntRT-L.jpg

i-wPZbTtC-L.jpg

i-gKGj9dG-L.jpg

( The 'got moab?' sticker is the only thing I have left of my 2010 Trail Teams FJ Cruiser. I peeled it off of the rear glass before I sold her. :D )