Things to check after taking delivery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pizza

Reaction score
“Not letting dealer ‘fix it’ however”…sounds like there’s something else going on with that particular dealer. Plan on fixing it yourself?

Just don’t want both doors resprayed. Even if I vetted out the perfect body shop, I’d likely keep the scratches for a while. I typically notice more issues introduced after panels are redone.

Years ago had a local “legend” do a panel and you could still notice the difference in clear coat finish.

Not worth it for a truck I’m going to beat up.

ForeLeft

Reaction score
I found something interesting after 1700 miles. I was wiping off the truck after a wash and noticed the driver side taillight assembly was loose. Here is what I found: IMG_1461.jpeg

I’ve found other things. Loose fuses, left bank of speakers sometimes stop working in CarPlay, various trim pieces not installed correctly or I’m not at all. I’m missing the trim in the shifter well. Dealer just gave me the black rubber removable piece but not the actual trim that snaps in there. Bumper is misaligned by over a 1/2 inch. Door sill plate is bent, seats stitches are too tight in some areas causing bunching. Scratches on flares. Most things I’ve fixed myself….

psmwrx

Reaction score
I am glad I found this thread. Just notice the loose plastic hanging from my front shocks and figured the delivery guy just missed it. Now I am going to start scouring the truck for the other items mentioned here.

cfmistry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Build Date 5/4/2023. Here's what I found:

1. Tire pressure - mine was at 50psi.
3. Plastic wrap around front shocks - mine were still on.
4. Unsecured front shock wiring Harness. Passenger - mine was unsecured as in the picture.
10. Check fuses under hood - mine were seated about 80% of the way, I think it would have been fine but did secure them all.
24. Gap at top of rear fender flares (gap between body and actual flare) - I have this as well on 3/4 flares.

Goes to show that these are all still issues and brand new owners should heed this list!

exclsiv

Reaction score
Took delivery last week. Here are my issues.

1. Seam weld on roof not complete
2. Passenger vent fan really loud
3. Paint chip near the bed
4. Lose vent tube (not sure) by driver rear fender. Still trying to find where to clip it.

IMG_7630 - Copy.jpgIMG_7632.jpgIMG_7639.jpg

Turning Blue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took delivery last week. Here are my issues.

1. Seam weld on roof not complete
2. Passenger vent fan really loud
3. Paint chip near the bed
4. Lose vent tube (not sure) by driver rear fender. Still trying to find where to clip it.

View attachment 409960View attachment 409962View attachment 409963
Post 239, page 24, has my explanation of that vent tube. The end points to the sky, right in front of the wheel well. Once you move it there, while lying on your back, you'll see where it clips onto a metal line (tube). I bought two 2022s and both were hanging free.

Edit: Upon closer inspection of your pic, I can see that small tube it clicks onto in your picture...lol

HAP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found the rubber molding from the upper fender to the windshield piler not properly seated on the passenger side. The driver seat cover clip not engaged on the console side like mentioned. Very minor stuff on my R.

R,
HAP

AkamiNW

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Question for those of you taking an account of your issues after delivery.

I've had mine for about 3 weeks now and still need to do a deep dive, although I've found a couple small problems.

If I just take my list to my local dealer can I assume they will be good about taking care of everything under warranty?? Have others had push back from service departments or what is the experience like generally?

For some context, I purchased mine out of state so it will be my first time at my local dealer although I'm sure that doesn't matter.