The SEMA Run

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Turf Tamer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had a blast guys, great seeing some of you again and meeting others for the first time. Got some good footage that Ill post up in a few days.

While I have your attention have any of you guys ever seen this. I was running my Bak F1 on the run and towards the end I noticed the rear panels were not latching on both sides. I didnt think much of it at the time and figured the rails had come loose, but this morning I was giving the truck a once over and it looks like the bed has actually bent outward. Nothing is bent underneath, the body lines are in the same position as they were when we started and I can only think of one GOOD hit to the rear but the stage III took the brunt of it.

c3c5f25554da00ea457e482b95d439f6.jpg

3a691bfe0728ce82e5534b3628307be8.jpg

92c05ed98b80c4bd63d8c04ac5254c3d.jpg

61a08b5223f679e78e00413e516ab035.jpg

Got my skid pretty good, it looks like I bent the lower part of the passenger side lower control arm mount, but it does not appear to affect its movement.

f9be3f5dcd003d8b2793c9c70add6f73.jpg

d3d3c1c0398db7f5d040fc4e6faf4eac.jpg

6c77a23fe99e38b0b111fbf61201cd9c.jpg

Dont give a **** aboot the skid, but the bed kinda ****** me off any ideas on how to fix it are appreciated.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes, i have experienced the same thing on my 2012.. Both sides of my bed have pulled away from tailgate at the top. This caused my third panel of bakflip to bounce around and not latch.

-Greg

E63

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bed damage

Did u have any unsecured heavy objects in the bed? Maybe tire banging around.

Turf Tamer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A come a long to pull both sides back.. But that will not solve the issue. I am working on a bolt on bedside strut to not only hold the sides together, but also a tie down point.

-Greg

So they bend back easily enough is what you are saying, but its just going to happen again once I go out playing? Never had this happen during pre-Bak outings, I wounder if the weight of the cover has something to do with it. looking forward to see what you come up with to FIX to problem.

BlackMamba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my bed did the same after TRR. my roll back cover would not lock when pulled shut. had to shim the mounting plates on the bed rails on both sides to get the locking mechanism on the cover to work. note that the bed seems to have settled in at the current width. have driven it hard a few times since adding the shims and no further movement. the vendor who added the shims said he has to do it to most trucks after a year or so, even the street queens.

Turf Tamer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did u have any unsecured heavy objects in the bed? Maybe tire banging around.

Nope, the bed was empty.

---------- Post added at 02:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 PM ----------

my bed did the same after TRR. my roll back cover would not lock when pulled shut. had to shim the mounting plates on the bed rails on both sides to get the locking mechanism on the cover to work. note that the bed seems to have settled in at the current width. have driven it hard a few times since adding the shims and no further movement. the vendor who added the shims said he has to do it to most trucks after a year or so, even the street queens.

I'm going to try and bend it back first and see what McManus comes up with before I shim things. That gap will bug me, I just know it :mad:. In the future, I will remove the cover for the long organized runs.

quicksinner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've seen this before on a lot of trucks. Not too much you can do about it. The come along is your best bet to pull it back in. And then when you do take it out to put some straps in there to keep it from spreading again. I'm sure most raptors are in the same boat, just those with the covers are noticing it.

J0shM1lls

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like I have a little bit of this action going on too... 1/4" gap at the bottom and 3/8" at the top... Strangely enough it's only on the passenger side, the driver's side is 1/4 all the way through

IMG_0604.JPG

It also looks like my bed BARELY tapped my cab on the driver's side...

IMG_0602.JPG

Last edited: