The Absolute Guide to Purchase a Ford SVT Raptor (Gen1)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
R

RaptoR__

Reaction score
I'm helping my brother-in-law in a 2011 Raptor purchase with 142K miles. I think the price is fair at $18,000. The truck looks clean, but there is something that I probably need some help to know what red flag to be aware of. Look at the image, it has an aftermarket suspension kit to lift the truck. Will this affect in any way in the truck at long run?
1715366777895.png1715366786862.png

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm helping my brother-in-law in a 2011 Raptor purchase with 142K miles. I think the price is fair at $18,000. The truck looks clean, but there is something that I probably need some help to know what red flag to be aware of. Look at the image, it has an aftermarket suspension kit to lift the truck. Will this affect in any way in the truck at long run?
View attachment 453900View attachment 453901
I wouldnt touch it with 10ft pole with the high miles and mods that make you wonder..WHY..to look cool or serious offroading..
.Also,were the plugs and wires done? Shocks original or changed with lift...? Wear on tires? These things will quickly bring that great $18k buy closer to $23/$24 These are the best trucks ever,bought my 2014 with 40,000 miles,77,000 now and problem free...but they are also expensive to upkeep,and a bad one will bleed you dry...id suggest looking at 100,000 and under..just remember,you get what you pay for..IMHO..
Good luck with your hunt...lots of good used but not abused ones out there..

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
most likely a lift in the front means cutting and welding to return to oem. if its just shocks that are providing the lift, its ok. but the wide wheels wil tear off fenders under full compression

OP
OP
R

RaptoR__

Reaction score
Poor Truck. :(

Keep looking.
You were right! That shit on the truck mess the whole suspension and that engine is a Camry with mufflers. It was a piece of trash. Suspension, engine, handling, everything was like shit. Also it had 2 circuit shorts, a bad smell of plastic burning, one circuit short was heard close to the battery, another inside the steering wheel. Guys, the truck was not costing even $5,000. Trust me…

IMG_0849.png

Last edited: