GEN 2 Technology Package

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Toadster

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i think Ford is reaching a bit deeper into the pockets of *new* Raptor buyers with all the 802A and Tech Packages...

I for one like all the bells/whistles - I wouldn't get a new truck without it - if I wanted a rock crawler, I'd buy a 20 year old truck just for that purpose LOL

this will be my DD... offroad will be limited, but now at least capable :biggrin:

Last edited:

Swimmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hope it's not to bad, my brothers fusion has auto adaptive cruise control drives me freakin crazy.

Yes it can be disabled but everytime the car is turned off it turns back on...

Just out of curiosity, what don't you like about it? I've never had a car that had it, but it seems like it would prevent you from manually adjusting or turning off the cruise control every time the car in front of you slowed down.

A2Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, what don't you like about it? I've never had a car that had it, but it seems like it would prevent you from manually adjusting or turning off the cruise control every time the car in front of you slowed down.

Upon further driving expirence it's not originally as bad as I first thought. You can defeat the auto slow down feature by applying pressure to the gas pedal to keep going or accelate like to pass a slow car on the freeway. Just took a little practice.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ford has had issues with the ACC in the 15+ trucks. The system gets confused and the truck briefly slams on it's breaks as it's passing a tanker truck or approaching bridges. Not sure what they finally did about it (if anything) since I stopped following the 15+ truck forums after I bought the '13 Raptor instead of a new truck.

SOAKINRED

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really

That is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read on the internet. To the point I actually had to take the time and type a response to inform you of that.

So i change vehicles every three years and i always thing of resale!

seeing how i don't use any of those options? i opted to just turn them off.

but i guess you would have to turn them off every time you start the vehicle, so i cancelled the Tech Package.

I guess one persons ridiculous is another persons normal.

Ps if that really is the most ridiculous thing you have read on the internet you really need to do some more looking in this forum! :insane:

ThugHunter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Outside your house in the FBI Surveillance Van
If you were only planning on keeping the truck for 3 years, that's even more reason to not purchase the option. A $2k option would not have gotten you even close to a $2k return in your initial investment. Not that a vehicle is an investment or anything, but you should understand what I mean. If you're trading in or private selling 3 years from now, it's not like the dealer will give you anything more than a $2-300 value for that option if anything at all. If it's a private sale, I myself wouldn't consider paying additional for that option, but others might. It could possibly get you a couple hundred dollars more than a Raptor not equipped with the technology package, but you'll still be losing 75-90% of your initial $2k investment.

Option values are no different than mods in most circumstances, just look at Gen 1 resale prices. The biggest factor in price is the mileage and condition. Options do very little to change a used car's value. Probably a good thing you cancelled it.