Tail Light Shades

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HahnSolo

Reaction score
Does anyone have any specific info on where to buy tail light shades/smoke plastic covers..? I am not intereted in the LED lighting replacements. I just want the plastic covers. I looked on LUND's website and they show that they have covers that will fit the 2010 Raptor SVT tail lights, when i called and spoke to a rep "SHE" stated it would fit... Very hesitant to believe her when AVS & GTS both say they wont fit on the Raptor SVT's tail lights. Obviously there is some difference between the RapSVT tails and the stock F-150 tails, or am I mistaken and they are the same? Any onfo would be great, thnx

Raptor Embroidery

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>Raptor_Al_41</font
Reaction score
Does anyone have any specific info on where to buy tail light shades/smoke plastic covers..? I am not intereted in the LED lighting replacements. I just want the plastic covers. I looked on LUND's website and they show that they have covers that will fit the 2010 Raptor SVT tail lights, when i called and spoke to a rep "SHE" stated it would fit... Very hesitant to believe her when AVS & GTS both say they wont fit on the Raptor SVT's tail lights. Obviously there is some difference between the RapSVT tails and the stock F-150 tails, or am I mistaken and they are the same? Any onfo would be great, thnx

Hey man. The only difference is the color. The raptor and davidson just has a blacked out style tailight and is the same size as the regular f150s

OP
OP
HahnSolo

HahnSolo

Reaction score
So technically those AVS plastic covers will fit then if the tail lights are the same on normal f-150 and raptor correct? I guess the worst thing that happens is I send them back because they do not work if thats the case. Would love to know if anyone has tried installing the covers/shades!? I am not referring actually replacing the lights or housing.

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So technically those AVS plastic covers will fit then if the tail lights are the same on normal f-150 and raptor correct? I guess the worst thing that happens is I send them back because they do not work if thats the case. Would love to know if anyone has tried installing the covers/shades!? I am not referring actually replacing the lights or housing.

I don't think anyone has actually tried the covers. Most people either replace or tint the taillights themselves as the covers tend to get stolen by teenage punks.

OP
OP
HahnSolo

HahnSolo

Reaction score
true, good call on the theft didn't think of that. I tinted my M35 taillights and didn't care for the look at all, I ripped it off after 2 days. I may roll the dice, afterall I live in the bible belt

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
true, good call on the theft didn't think of that. I tinted my M35 taillights and didn't care for the look at all, I ripped it off after 2 days. I may roll the dice, afterall I live in the bible belt

You might try the covers and if you do like the way it looks you could always spray 'em, if they get stolen.

OP
OP
HahnSolo

HahnSolo

Reaction score
True but if i spray them and don't like the look I'm stuck with it. Going to think on it for a bit, let me know if you guys hear of anyone with the covers though... thnx for the info guys