SW headers + straight through pipes + Cutout?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CSmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have SW headers and straight through pipes right now as it stands. Absolutely love the sound! My question is.. If I installed cut outs would it make that big of difference than I have already? I'm okay with loudness.

Thanks!

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
By straight thru u mean no resonator or mufflers?
If so then its not worth it. Not much of a difference...

If u mean a straight thru style muffler then it would make a slight difference

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It wouldn't make much of a difference to justify the cost and headache of a cutout you have an amazing setup and i wouldn't mess with it!

Stainless Works

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Agreed, you do have the best setup available!

When installed correctly, opening the cutouts will provide much more sound then running thru the mufflers. If you want it to be louder, especially when playing in the mud, QTP cutouts are the way to go.

qtec66_l.jpg

The oval pipe is the inlet stub which makes the connection to the exhaust much easier, basically cut a hole in the exhaust close to the collector, weld in the oval stub, bolt on the cutout, run the wiring...BAM!! open exhaust.

View QTP Cutouts

OP
OP
CSmith

CSmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses! I think I am going to do the cutouts for some offroading fun. Are we talking a big difference in loudness?

Thanks!