SW Header/Exhaust install guides?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Harblar

Harblar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that's what I thought. hahaha

Talked to a friend at the local shop in my small town. He said he helped another guy do a similar install on a chevy diesel. Basically he just rented out the shops hoist for the day, so we're going to give it a go in a week or so when planting slows down. Shouldn't be too bad with two guys and a hoist. I'll try to take some pictures as we work through the install.

OP
OP
Harblar

Harblar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hahaha... Aberdeen auto shops are pansies!

I'm finally getting a little free time to do the install, but my buddy with the hoist is going to be busy till the middle if next week and that's when I go road tripping to Detroit. So... Called around to 3 different auto/performance shops in town, none of whom wanted to touch a header install. Everyone of them asked me if I'd talked to so and so at exhaust pros... Doh!

Anyway, figured, screw it. I'm going to be in Detroit next week anyway, I'll just see if the guys at Livernois are available. The problem will be getting out of there with just a header and pipe install. Very tempting (though extremely tough on the wallet) to add some cams and a whipple into the mix while I'm there. Hahaha
Either way, I should know more by tomorrow.

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am STILL working on finding out what the hold up is with your intake. My warehouse rep said he was calling them yesterday, but I am tempted to bypass him and call them myself to lay the smack down, this is getting ridiculous. Just know that I am still working on it for you, I haven't forgotten you at all, it just may take walking in the front door at Volant Industries and laying down the law so to speak...

OP
OP
Harblar

Harblar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha... Yeah, kinda crazy they're taking that long on a simple intake... Shoulda gone with air raid I guess! =P. hahaha

I know you're working hard on getting it ironed out, Chris. Really appreciate it! Btw, got the Freedom Motorsports decals the other day! Thanks! They look good... Now I just need to find a good spot for them! :wink:

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Haha... Yeah, kinda crazy they're taking that long on a simple intake... Shoulda gone with air raid I guess! =P. hahaha

I know you're working hard on getting it ironed out, Chris. Really appreciate it! Btw, got the Freedom Motorsports decals the other day! Thanks! They look good... Now I just need to find a good spot for them! :wink:

lol, my rep at my wholesale distributor is getting frustrated as well considering I have been hounding him EVERY day to get on top of Volant daily about this. I will continue to stay after them and if I don't hear what I want to hear by the end of this week then I will make a change to get you a different intake to get you taken care of while at the same time getting on the phone with Volant to express my COMPLETE dissatisfaction with their service on this intake order.

mrpositraction

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did a SW install on my 2010 5.4L and it was a PITA. It was my 1st header install. And though I was able to do it myself and hated it I would do it again. I had a lot of bloody knuckles but didn't have to take an motor mounts loose. Actually taking out the stock manifolds were harder than putting the new headers in. You had to get creative with extensions and angles of approach but was able to do it on my back in my garage with the Raptor on Jackstands. I also did the Ford Racing Hotrod 3V cam. Truck sounded nasty afterwords.

Of course this was on my 5.4L so I am sure the 6.2L is a little different but since you weren't getting a lot of personal feedback I figured I would chime in.

carlschmarl2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback on our products, please post comments and videos when the install is complete!

On the radar for SW in 2013 is improving the instructions for a better customer experience. Our goal is to add pictures and improve the overall layout to make things a bit easier. The Raptor is a major priority since there are multiple steps in removing the factory exhaust and then a few little tips and tricks to install the Stainless Works version.

Paul, I'll bring mine in and let you use it as a demo/photo op for the instructions if you cut me a deal on the price.