SVC Baja - Securing light?

• Thread starter Deleted member 12951
  • Start date

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cbcgeneral

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks! Nearly 20 post later and finally get a legitimate response. Not looking at getting 100 of them. Do you sell these?

It's for a 30" Rigid E-Series LED bar.

That's not entirely true I was serious about the red locktite. I really did break an allen wrench trying to get the allen screw out of my flush mount. Now I may have been exaggerating slightly about the tiger thing.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 12951

That's not entirely true I was serious about the red locktite. I really did break an allen wrench trying to get the allen screw out of my flush mount. Now I may have been exaggerating slightly about the tiger thing.

LOL. Yeah, but I need to get them off too. I currently have it off because I had to send it in for warranty work. No telling how many times I will be sending this in for water getting inside. I was just amazed how quickly I took it off hence why I started thinking, there has to be a better way to slow someone down. I literally could take it off in less than 30 seconds.

cbcgeneral

FRF Addict
Reaction score
LOL. Yeah, but I need to get them off too. I currently have it off because I had to send it in for warranty work. No telling how many times I will be sending this in for water getting inside. I was just amazed how quickly I took it off hence why I started thinking, there has to be a better way to slow someone down. I literally could take it off in less than 30 seconds.

I know and now you've had me thinking too. My 40" Rigid RDS on the top of my bumper it easily accessible from both sides so now you have me paranoid. Lol. I'm definitely going to get a set of security screws for that and the hood mounts I plan on getting soon. I guess you've had a lot of problems with your Rigid's? Thankfully mine have been good so far but I did notice one time after I washed mybtruck the one side of my 40" had maybe 3" of the end of the bar that was slightly fogged up. How good are they with warrany if I do end up having a problem.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 12951

I know and now you've had me thinking too. My 40" Rigid RDS on the top of my bumper it easily accessible from both sides so now you have me paranoid. Lol. I'm definitely going to get a set of security screws for that and the hood mounts I plan on getting soon. I guess you've had a lot of problems with your Rigid's? Thankfully mine have been good so far but I did notice one time after I washed mybtruck the one side of my 40" had maybe 3" of the end of the bar that was slightly fogged up. How good are they with warrany if I do end up having a problem.

I've had the 30" since Sept and TRR did them in. I was through muddy water before that ruined both my headlights (replace under warranty) but not the Rigid then until now. I had a set of Rigid HD D2's installed at TRR and got water in them the first day I took it out. Not very impressed to say the least. But then again my TMX Blackhawks got water in them too and those are behind the grill.

Just had to contact Rigid via their RMA form that is online and wait for an RMA number with instructions (took about a day). You have to pay to ship it to them. It's taken about 7 business days for them to fix them and they pay to ship it back, ground. I shipped them on 5/20 and supposed to be here on 6/9. The last set of lights I just purchased was Baja Designs Squadron Pros. I decided on this brand because I like the idea of uService. The shipping to and from sucks and uService will eliminate that.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 12951

i thought the issue was not being able to get a socket over the end? it looks like it still needs a socket to tighten.

With those tufnuts you just use a wrench so it should work just fine. Now just if they have ones that fit the bolt size Rigid uses. Anyone know what that is so I don't have to look it up (it's not in my possession to check).