Suspension system upgrade - Kings or Fox or Icon?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The good thing of icon suspension are the adjusting knob. Same i used on my quad with elka suspension. You can adjust the hi comp suspension knob pretty quick on the icons too.
The fox suspension doesnt have it for the trucks.

****disclaimer****
This is going to come off as *******, bad mouthing, or whatever the secret word of the day is..

Just because a shock has an adjustment knob on it does not make it better than on without.. I pesonally think it is a better idea *NOT* to have an easily adjustable knob sticking out for every tom **** and henry to jack with.. MOST of Raptor owners use their trucks as daily drivers and park them in unsecure parking lots, outside, etc. Having knobs just invites people to jack with them, they work great on playtoys..

KTM instead of basing your opinion on a shock by just driving ONLY one Raptor (with "crappy tires" (small sidewalls), and street queen rims). I believe that FOX/Ford nail these shock for 80% of the customers. Fox surely wanted to do more with the shocks and were limited to Fords bottom line $$$ decisions. There are many happy Ford Raptor owners, and the ones upgrading their shocks are the ones pushing their Raptors and NOT street queens!

Banned
Reaction score
Didn't really read the whole thread, but has anyone considered using bilstien shocks?

ktm505sx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
****disclaimer****
This is going to come off as *******, bad mouthing, or whatever the secret word of the day is..

Just because a shock has an adjustment knob on it does not make it better than on without.. I pesonally think it is a better idea *NOT* to have an easily adjustable knob sticking out for every tom **** and henry to jack with.. MOST of Raptor owners use their trucks as daily drivers and park them in unsecure parking lots, outside, etc. Having knobs just invites people to jack with them, they work great on playtoys..

KTM instead of basing your opinion on a shock by just driving ONLY one Raptor (with "crappy tires" (small sidewalls), and street queen rims). I believe that FOX/Ford nail these shock for 80% of the customers. Fox surely wanted to do more with the shocks and were limited to Fords bottom line $$$ decisions. There are many happy Ford Raptor owners, and the ones upgrading their shocks are the ones pushing their Raptors and NOT street queens!

Well since i know the adjusting knobs used in the atv(quads) havend had any problem. Is easy to see it on the atvs utvs mx. Some of them hae knobs and some if them have the hi comp adjustment for flat screw driver adjustent. Whenever i hit the road i can set it pretty hard and wenever going offroad i can ser them soft.
Easy and quick.

Yes they are ok but not for me. I kind of hate them at my first raptor driving.

I m the few that feels the raptor crappy ride. No offense.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Fox is far superior to ICONS. How many trophy trucks do you see running ICONS? All I ever see is Bilstein, FOX, or KING. I would stick with them if you want something proven.

From TACO world ICONS are very stiff compared to Bilstein, FOX, or KING easily compared to Rancho 5000 series shocks.

For a causal driver FOX (mostly on road and some spirited off road), For a street queen Blisten (never seen dirt), for Hardcore hair on fire driver (offroad everyday pushing their Raptor) KING. It all comes down to the color, price and who revalves/sets them up!

Well since i know the adjusting knobs used in the atv(quads) havend had any problem. Is easy to see it on the atvs utvs mx. Some of them hae knobs and some if them have the hi comp adjustment for flat screw driver adjustent. Whenever i hit the road i can set it pretty hard and wenever going offroad i can ser them soft.
Easy and quick.

Yes they are ok but not for me. I kind of hate them at my first raptor driving.

I m the few that feels the raptor crappy ride. No offense.

No offense taken, go ahead and throw ICONS on your Raptor once you get one and you will REALLY hate the SUPER STIFF RIDE!

Last edited:

Allied Offroad

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fox is far superior to ICONS. How many trophy trucks do you see running ICONS? All I ever see is Bilstein, FOX, or KING. I would stick with them if you want something proven.

From TACO world ICONS are very stiff compared to Bilstein, FOX, or KING easily compared to Rancho 5000 series shocks.

For a causal driver FOX (mostly on road and some spirited off road), For a street queen Blisten (never seen dirt), for Hardcore hair on fire driver (offroad everyday pushing their Raptor) KING. It all comes down to the color, price and who revalves/sets them up!

Greg, this dude doesn't get it...